Patrick Willis vs Luke Kuechly

N4L

Who was better?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who was better?

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Willis was awesome but I don’t remember many of the game changing plays Kuechly had

He had back to back games with pick sixes in their super bowl run season. First player in history to do that, and one of them ended up being a 7 point game. That's probably the thing I would point to first and foremost. 

6 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I think you can find a ton of examples of players who have similar combine numbers but look very different on the field. Think Kuechly and Willis fall into that category. Luke is a great athlete but Willis was a different animal. 

Not to mention the pro day run from Willis where he ran a 4.38s... stands to reason he could’ve run closer to the 4.4s if given another shot... whereas Kuechly combine time seemed closer to his on field reality.

21 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I think you can find a ton of examples of players who have similar combine numbers but look very different on the field. Think Kuechly and Willis fall into that category. Luke is a great athlete but Willis was a different animal. 

Yeah, that was why I put "as far as testing numbers go". I know guys can test all-world but it doesn't show up on the field and vice versa. I just thought it was interesting. Both were great (and different) players and both were great athletes. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 9:18 AM, Forge said:

Correct. It's really important to remember that they were actually not the same type of linebacker. 

Justin Smith really turned your defense from being meh! To damm they’re a problem. His holding ish was wack af though. Can’t beliebe he got away with it a ton. Really can’t believe that horse crap was even in the game. Aldon feasted because of those holding stunts.