Scary Terry beats out Metcalf for Pro Football Writers of America All-Rookie team WR

turtle28

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

What a rookie class for receivers! So many good ones. 

And they were all slept on tbh, at least on draft night. Metcalf, Terry and AJ Brown should’ve all went first round. Us, the Titans and Seahawks all got steals and Parris Campbell may end being as good as them but I think he battled an injury this year in Indy.

Edited by turtle28

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

And they were all slept on tbh, at least on draft night. Metcalf, Terry and AJ Brown should’ve all went first round. Us, the Titans and Seahawks all got steals and Parris Campbell may end being as good as them but I think he battled an injury this year in Indy.

Isn't that hindsight though? At least on Terry. Not sure anyone had him as a 1st rounder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean I knew who he was, but my money was on Parris lol.

@lavar703 I remember liking them both about equally. I thought Campbell was being a bit overhyped and Terry was being a bit overlooked based on their production and watching every game of theirs. It was clear when watching them at OSU that Terry was the better route runner and made more plays downfield. I did not think he’d be what he was this year - really ever, let alone as a rookie - but I do remember predicting he’d be the best WR on the team this year but that was more me just throwing a crazy prediction out there then really believing it. 

And I believe you, or someone correctly pointed out that it didn't mean much bc the rest of our WR corps like Doctson, PRich and Quinn weren't that good so, it wasn't going to be hard to be better than them. Which, also turned out to be true.

I'm glad he got this recognition bc it's obvious that the PFWA looked at more then just raw stats. He had his 58 recs, 919 yds and 7 recs is 14 games played. He missed two games w/ injury. I think week 4 was bc of a hammy and week 17 was with a concussion.

If he had played those other two games he probably would have had another 8-10 recs, 125-200 yards and 1 or 2 TDs total from those games which would have put him at almost 70’recs, 1050-1100 yds and 8 or 9 TDs.

That would have been an amazing rookie year! He already had an amazing rookie year but near 70 recs, 1100 yards and approaching 10 TDs as a rookie would’ve made it one of the best rookie WR seasons of all time! It sucks his two injuries cost him from obtaining that. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Scary Terry didn’t get one vote for OROY. AJ Brown got 9.5 votes and Miles F. Sanders got one vote, but the guy who led all rookies in receptions per game and was in a dead heat with Brown in receiving TDs and receiving yards per game — while playing with two coaches and three subpar QBs — didn’t merit a single vote. 

It doesn’t really matter, I wouldn’t trade Terry for any of those guys, but it’s remarkable how someone that brilliant could somehow still fly under the radar. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

Scary Terry didn’t get one vote for OROY. AJ Brown got 9.5 votes and Miles F. Sanders got one vote, but the guy who led all rookies in receptions per game and was in a dead heat with Brown in receiving TDs and receiving yards per game — while playing with two coaches and three subpar QBs — didn’t merit a single vote. 

It doesn’t really matter, I wouldn’t trade Terry for any of those guys, but it’s remarkable how someone that brilliant could somehow still fly under the radar. 

Kevin Sheehan has long believed there’s a bias against the Redskins when it comes to this stuff. Whether it’s due to Daniel Snyder or the name, who knows? For Terry not to get a single vote is kinda crazy. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Kevin Sheehan has long believed there’s a bias against the Redskins when it comes to this stuff. Whether it’s due to Daniel Snyder or the name, who knows? For Terry not to get a single vote is kinda crazy. 

There's a biased against all DC sports, like the BS that Beal isn't in the All-Star game. I think he’s the highest point scorer ever to not make it on the All-Star team. Over the last 6 games he averaged 38 ppg.

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Well, when two other WR's are playing for teams who made it deep into the playoffs and the other is on a team whose coach was fired six games into the season, what do you expect?  It's absolutely not a Redskins bias, at least from the perspective of the name.  It has everything to do with the team being pretty terrible for many years, to the point where a very good season from McLaurin despite erratic QB play gets ignored.  

• Like 1