Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald to return for 17th season

RaidersAreOne

I'm going to be sad to see him leave when he does. It's fun watching someone who probably "shouldn't" be as good as they are at his age still dominate. 

The guy would've cleared 1000 yds the last 2 years on many teams. 

He clearly wants to help his franchise though. That's cool to see.

I respect Fitz as much as the next person but let's be real here, $11M is still $11M! If he had Health concerns ala Kuechly or coming off major injury ala Luck, he'd retire and wait for his 2025 HOF induction speech. Neither is the case though so why not collect another Lottery Ticket for $11M?

Hell as much as I love him, pretty sure that's Jason Peters intention for 2020 too. Like Larry the Eagles will cater to it because of what he has meant to not only the Franchise but the City.

Good for Fitz!

Edited by Nabbs4u

More power to him. There are guys that fans are like.. would you just retire already!?! And then there are guys who we all are like, he can go out whenever he wants.

Larry is the latter. He has earned the right to decide for himself when his time is up. Absolute class act, team first guy. Idk if he is a HOFer I havent looked at his #s close enough tbh to say because I dont watch many AZ games. But I do know that regardless, he is a player NFL fans will not soon forget.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

More power to him. There are guys that fans are like.. would you just retire already!?! And then there are guys who we all are like, he can go out whenever he wants.

Larry is the latter. He has earned the right to decide for himself when his time is up. Absolute class act, team first guy. Idk if he is a HOFer I havent looked at his #s close enough tbh to say because I dont watch many AZ games. But I do know that regardless, he is a player NFL fans will not soon forget.

He's an easy HoF'er.  Will have a shot on his 1st ballot.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 6:40 AM, showtime said:

Have to respect the guy for never leaving Arizona, but it sucks he won't ever get a chance to win a ring.

I would not be shocked at all if Cardinals win the division with a good draft, especially getting a OL. 

Defense was physical and underrated. They play smash mouth football. 

Kingsbury’s Offense was working really nice. 

Kyler Murray is the truth. 

No one saw the Niners winning the division this year. No one saw the Eagles winning the Super Bowl in 2017. No one saw the Falcons making the Super Bowl in 2016. 

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I would not be shocked at all if Cardinals win the division with a good draft, especially getting a OL. 

Defense was physical and underrated. They play smash mouth football. 

Kingsbury’s Offense was working really nice. 

Kyler Murray is the truth. 

No one saw the Niners winning the division this year. No one saw the Eagles winning the Super Bowl in 2017. No one saw the Falcons making the Super Bowl in 2016. 

Actually I'm pretty sure I picked SF to win the division before the season ever began. It's not that surprising tbh.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Actually I'm pretty sure I picked SF to win the division before the season ever began. It's not that surprising tbh.

Most picked Rams and Seahawks. I personally had Seattle winning the division at 11-5, Rams #5 seed at 11-5, and I had the Niners as a 9-7 #6 seed. Although I’d say 85% of the public had the Niners missing the playoffs. So we are in the minority. 

Point is, new teams emerge every year, and always sooner than expected. This Cardinal team can 100% compete this year.