Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald to return for 17th season

RaidersAreOne

On 1/15/2020 at 6:59 AM, HoboRocket said:

Heck yeah! Larry! Legend! Larry! Legend! Larry! Legend! Larry! Legend!

I'll be heartbroken when he's done, but until then... Celebration time in the Valley of the Sun!

Like no joke... this has literally happened the last two years. Two years ago, I was going to get my tire replaced. I was driving in that seedy area that's kind-of-Mesa, kind-of-Apache Junction, kind-of-Tempe. I was listening to Doug and Wolfe in the Morning, and Larry got on for an announcement. I assumed it was retirement, and that was the general consensus around the unit. I mean, Arians was gone, new head coach, new rookie QB, so no Super Bowl... And Larry had nothing left to prove.

Then he said that he was returning for another year.

Literally everyone went bananas. The seedy tire place replaced my tire for free. I got free donuts from the Bosa Donuts on Signal Butte. And everyone was hyped AF.

That's what Larry means to AZ. And with Goldy gone, it's literally just Larry remaining as an Arizona sports icon, one of those big community guys with transcendent talent a la JJ Watt.

I'm so glad he's back for another year.

The irony that someone with the name Hoborocket is calling places seedy...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Cardinal player re-signs with team for one year: Four pages of replies in a few days, lots of likes going around (in fact, it may be my most-liked reply on this forum ever)

Entire Cardinals Season Thread on their FORUM: two replies.

Don't change, FF.

This is my relationship with the chargers forum. 

• Like 1

Being a fan of a division rival, Larry being a niner-killer for so many years, you'd think I'd hate the guy.  I just can't.  I live in Arizona.  He's a household name.  People who don't watch football know his name.  Class act on and off the field.  Big in the community.  You just can't hate this guy.  No one on this Earth is more deserving of at least one ring.  Wish he would have gotten one.   I just don't see it in the "cards," though.