*UPDATE: Gruden Denies Rapoport Report, says he has NOT spoken with Sua Cravens

turtle28

According to several sources, Cravens is expected to report back to the team early this week, likely on Tuesday. The situation is complex and fluid, and simply reporting may not be the end of the story.

Cravens' agent Fadde Mikhail has been in touch with team brass and coach Jay Gruden has been in touch with Cravens, himself. There has been some talk of football, but mostly life. The 2016 second-round pick is still dealing with a health issue. 

On Saturday night, Cravens was spotted at the USC-Texas game hanging out with RedskinsSenior VP of Player Personnel Doug Williams.

It was a good sign for his future when Gruden said in early September, "He is one of our guys."

"I think sometimes your personal life is more important, and, in this case, for him, it is," Gruden said two weeks ago. "I just think that there are some things really weighing on his mind that he has to take care of. So if he gets those things cleared up, then sure, we will take another look at him."

Say what we want about Gruden I do believe he handles his players the right way!! As much as we all want JD over Grant on the field Grant didn't look lost and was actually our best WR last week sadly but it's true!!! He does make players earn their time and I think that does resonate in the locker room!!!

Mike Jones Retweeted Carol Maloney

Two Redskins sources say they had no knowledge of plans for a Cravens return.

Mike Jones added,

Carol MaloneyVerified account @carolmaloney4
Per S' ua Cravens reports.. source says he approached Doug Williams last nite to say hello. Wished each other well. Not expected at prax

10 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

Mike Jones Retweeted Carol Maloney

Two Redskins sources say they had no knowledge of plans for a Cravens return.

Mike Jones added,

Carol MaloneyVerified account @carolmaloney4
Per S' ua Cravens reports.. source says he approached Doug Williams last nite to say hello. Wished each other well. Not expected at prax

Well if that's true, trading for Vaccaro is something that needs to happen if the Saints will do it. I really believe the skins would have made an attempt to sign TJ Ward - but he may have went to Tampa Anyways - if they had known Sua was going to do this.

Even if he were to come back, I would make him inactive. He has to earn back his active stripe, his playing time, and if all goes well, his starting spot.

Honestly, I think some counseling/therapy might not be a bad course of action as well.

I just can't imagine the team welcoming him back with open arms. The other players may say it in public but the video of the exchange between Compton and Cravens was very telling. He's clearly not the only one that felt like Sua didn't care about being part of the team. 

The only thing that video told me was that Cravens was homesick, he didn't like not being treated like god, he missed the USC life and more down that train of thought.

He has not matured enough to say, I am playing in the NFL and I need to understand this is a great opportunity. 

D.Hall apparently has talked with him a few times, I heard this on the radio, and has helped Su'a come along. 

What is wrong with our scouting department? 

Doctson. Cravens. Reed. Health and mental issues after they are drafted. Seriously. WTH. 

Just now, mike23md said:

What is wrong with our scouting department? 

Doctson. Cravens. Reed. Health and mental issues after they are drafted. Seriously. WTH

It's incredibly easy to see/test how fast someone can run, how high someone can jump, how quickly they can change direction.

It's a lot harder to see how their brains work.

If there are personality issues or psychological issues, it would be noticed. Things like that don't go unnoticed. Someone notices that stuff. Frankly, why did Will Compton not say anything? 

Why did the other people not say anything that were standing around them two in that video? 

Yes its easy to see the physical traits, but for some reason, the Redskins can never seem to get it right with the mental head cases or the chronically injured. 

If they suit up, they should play. 

9 minutes ago, mike23md said:

The only thing that video told me was that Cravens was homesick, he didn't like not being treated like god, he missed the USC life and more down that train of thought.

I'm sure only a few of you will get the reference but Su'a Cravens is Jerry O'Connell's character in Can't Hardly Wait.

He's the 23 year old who crashes high school parties in hopes of re-living the years when he was big man on campus.

Just now, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

I'm sure only a few of you will get the reference but Su'a Cravens is Jerry O'Connell's character in Can't Hardly Wait.

He's the 23 year old who crashes high school parties in hopes of re-living the years when he was big man on campus.

I was figuring you'd go with your avatar

10 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

That was a funny movie. Seth Greens character was pretty damn good lol

Archived