scar988

Falcons announce new uniforms for 2020 season

I hope this becomes the default home uniform:

Image result for falcons black uniforms

The black uniforms looks really classic to me.

47 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

silver helmet

red pants 

black/white jersey 

MEOW! 

That would be absolutely hideous.

I didn't think their uniforms were horrible, but coming up on two decades it makes sense to shake things up. Just hope they don't take a huge step backwards.

Dont care much either way, but how do people discern between "classic" and "outdated" when it comes to uniforms?   

Part of me believes this is a bad idea, since pretty much all uniform redesigns in recent memory have been for the worse.

43 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Part of me believes this is a bad idea, since pretty much all uniform redesigns in recent memory have been for the worse.

Agreed. Tampa clearly tried to pay homage to their creamsicle past with the abomination they put on players on Sundays. The Jets' are just ugly. 

If Atlanta sticks to something more of a throwback, I could see it working though. Red, black, white/silver is a hard combination to screw up. Buffalo seems to have gotten the redesign mostly correct. 

I'm not too optimistic though.

I think it was time for a change. started to notice some uniforms have a "2000s" look and it was starting to look dated and out of fashion. Feel this way about ATL, Cin, NE . Min/Buf before they changed to a better look a few yrs ago.

5 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

As long as they aren't as fut bugly at the new Jets unis, sure

Really? The Jets unis look good

I prefer the all black jerseys with the red outlined numbers and the all black helmet with the throwback falcon logo.  

That should be their full time home jersey for sure.  A much more intimidating look for them.  

Image result for atlanta falcons throwback jerseys

I always liked there red jerseys because the numbers popped real nice. If they do go retro, the red helmets are must.

Seems like they’ll go with a throwback look with some added flair (a breakup of traditional stripes, goofy swoops added to the font)

Would be sweet to see some Silver brought in, and not the flat greys Nike has used. Wish the Eagles would bring it back too ha.

No idea on the helmet color or logo tweak

14 hours ago, scar988 said:
14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

What’s wrong with their current ones...?

17 years old. Gotten stale. I like them, but I get why the change from the Vick-inspired uniforms is needed. Especially with the Falcons trying to move forward after the SB51 loss. Have to wonder if Blank is sitting there thinking about the SB51 loss every time he sees those reds.

This makes sense. Thanks for answering. Because the same question that candyman had asked popped into my mind as well. I saw nothing wrong with the current jerseys. 

.Edit: I would venture to say that this sudden change may have something to do with all of the recent Lamar comparisons to Vick.  

Edited by JustAnotherFan

13 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Another way for the league and owner to sell new gear

I highly doubt selling merch has anything to do with the change.

11 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

1038559166.jpeg&c=sc&w=736&h=485

Definitely outdated. Too much going on in the shoulder pads area.

The shoulder is specifically what I was talking about with the "too much going on" comment in my original post.