Saints open to trading S Kenny Vaccaro

turtle28

The Saints are open to shopping Kenny Vaccaro and Ian Rapoport and Jason LaConfora reported that some teams have contacted him.

I wonder if the Redskins are one of those teams, clearly he'd be an upgrade at SS over what we currently have.  Rapoport said its believed the saints want to move him because they have Von Bell a former 2nd round pick and they drafted Marcus Williams in this past draft and they couldn't work out a long term deal with Vaccaro last offseason. 

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

This team is so stupid that they won't even try. It is the clear replacement for Cravens, who by all accounts, is a homesick little boy and misses his college lifestyle being treated like a god. 

Peace. 

Trade for Vaccaro and lets move on. 

I think if they skins would have known what Cravens was thinking a week earlier that they would have signed TJ Ward but they were too late for they.

By "All Accounts?" You mean all of they rumors and assumptions?

From the little I can gather he is homesick but also his knee injury made him think about retirement, as did his injuries last year like the concussion and the arm injury. If he didn't have the knee injury I don't think we'd be having this conversation right now but if Sua still isn't giving the team a definite yes he's returning this week, then they need to trade a Vaccaro because he's a huge upgrade, he'd even better than Sua if Sua was healthy and active.

They said Cravens is with the team in LA supposed to return with team this week it's believed. But I would put a flier out for Vaccaro!!! That said I'd find out what Cravens is doing it's that simple you drafted him hopefully we will get a good return on that investment without spending a 2nd 2nd round pick. But if Cravens is done I'd highly consider it

Vaccarro is the type of player this defense could use but hopefully we already have that here!!! Personally there's just a lot of turnover this season and I think by week 5 it will start to click!! That said we better find a way too win 2 of the next 3 and that's not going to be easy!!!

Only issue I see with Vaccaro is that he's on the last year of his rookie deal (currently riding his 5th year option). He's going to be looking for that big payday after this season. Does it make sense to send something to the Saints for a more-than-likely 3 month rental? Again, it's going to take him some time to adjust to our playbook. If we made the deal now, he might be fully ready by the 49ers game.

16 minutes ago, Woz said:

Only issue I see with Vaccaro is that he's on the last year of his rookie deal (currently riding his 5th year option). He's going to be looking for that big payday after this season. Does it make sense to send something to the Saints for a more-than-likely 3 month rental? Again, it's going to take him some time to adjust to our playbook. If we made the deal now, he might be fully ready by the 49ers game.

Yeah, I hear ya that's a good point.

16 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Is he any good outside of having 1st round talent? Hard to tell for any player on that porous Saints D.

He's ok, not great. He'd be a clear upgrade over what we have next to Swearinger currently.

I'm actually a bit shocked that we didn't re-sign Blackmon after Everret played so bad in week 1, but Everret did seem to play better today.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

I'd send them no higher than a 5th rounder. I could part with a 5th, 6th or 7th rounder in exchange for a chance to get him to stay with us after this year.

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'd send them no higher than a 5th rounder. I could part with a 5th, 6th or 7th rounder in exchange for a chance to get him to stay with us after this year.

I'd top out at a 6th with an upgrade to a 5th if he re-signs.

Still, I wouldn't expect much from him until week 7 or 8.

Archived