Saints open to trading S Kenny Vaccaro

turtle28

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

So we just took a SS in the 4th round, this guy would take even more picks to acquire and he's a FA after this season.  I'm completely missing the part where we are supposed to be interested in this guy.  Pass, let the rookie play.

Not only do we need an upgrade, but both Everret and Nicholson got hurt last game. I believe they both sprained their shoulders, but I know that Nicholson definitely did and he came into the league with a shoulder injury.

I read they are probably going to bring up Fish Smithston for the Raiders game.

On 9/19/2017 at 3:33 AM, MKnight82 said:

So we just took a SS in the 4th round, this guy would take even more picks to acquire and he's a FA after this season.  I'm completely missing the part where we are supposed to be interested in this guy.  Pass, let the rookie play.

It will depend on how hurt Nicholson is. If it's a day-to-day thing or if they think he'll come back in a week or two, then I agree pass.

However, if he's out for an extended period, it couldn't hurt. Again, it will depend on comfort level with what the team has. Who knows?

2 hours ago, Woz said:

It will depend on how hurt Nicholson is. If it's a day-to-day thing or if they think he'll come back in a week or two, then I agree pass.

However, if he's out for an extended period, it couldn't hurt. Again, it will depend on comfort level with what the team has. Who knows?

The Saints, who have a terrible defense, spent multiple high draft picks on safeties in recent drafts (while they had Vaccaro on the roster) and they've shown no interest in resigning him long term.  Why would we trade a draft pick for a short term rental of a mediocre player?

Just now, MKnight82 said:

The Saints, who have a terrible defense, spent multiple high draft picks on safeties in recent drafts (while they had Vaccaro on the roster) and they've shown no interest in resigning him long term.  Why would we trade a draft pick for a short term rental of a mediocre player?

If we thought that their front seven was part of the reason they have terrible defenses (apparently, they're having a fire sale on players) and we thought that Nicholson was going to be out awhile, maybe?

I'm lukewarm to the idea, to be honest. I can see the logic but I think it's a bit of a panic move. I haven't heard what Nicholson's status is so I'm assuming it's day-to-day. If that's the case, roll with him or activate the Fish.

I thought about this for a while after I read it, and frankly, I like the young talent we have right now. Nicholson is showing some promise. Everett is a hard worker. Smithson showed some flashes and I expect to be on the active roster prior to the end of the season. 

No need for Vacarro. 

1 minute ago, mike23md said:

I thought about this for a while after I read it, and frankly, I like the young talent we have right now. Nicholson is showing some promise. Everett is a hard worker. Smithson showed some flashes and I expect to be on the active roster prior to the end of the season. 

No need for Vacarro. 

Yeah, I had no clue Nicholson would progress so fast. I knew he had a lot of talent but didn't think he'd be ready like he has been so soon. Clearly, my opinion of trading Vacarro have done a 180!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived