Giants hire Jason Garrett as OC; Freddie Kitchens as TE coach

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

It's been so long I don't even remember how he fared last time he was an OC.

He was pass happy with Romo and became very vanilla and predictable. However, like many players that left Dallas and got a SB ring with another team, he'll probably kill it in NY.

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Hasn't Zeke had over 300 rushing attempts just about every year? Where is this narrative coming from?

I’d lean away from calling it a “narrative” and a bit more towards a “tongue in cheek joke made about a very meme-able coach”.

EDIT: And it comes from a well documented history of misusing an elite running back.

Edited by Yin-Yang

source.gif

Just know this.  You can't sign just one Garrett. It's a package deal that brings the whole caravan of charlatans with it.   5 Minutes after Jason is signed, Judd and John will be given some type of scout or assistant coaching position.   

Edited by ///mcompact

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’d lean away from calling it a “narrative” and a bit more towards a “tongue in cheek joke made about a very meme-able coach”.

EDIT: And it comes from a well documented history of misusing an elite running back.

Got it. What are some real criticisms of him? Positives/negatives? I truly don't really remember how Dallas was when he was calling plays. I think their offense was ok? Good at times? I remember Demarco Murray got a million carries that one year. And he did a good job developing Dak, whatever role he played there.

So Jerry's master plan of Keeping Garrett from possibly becoming the HC of the NYG actually worked but he might troll Jerry anyways and become their OC? That's next level!

Yeah those that were blowing smoke that Jason agreed to wait a week to be fired while McCarthy was hired and it had nothing to do with keeping him from interviewing for that job, can kick rocks now! 

Part of me wants the Clapper in NY because well, He's the Clapper until proven otherwise. The other part would find it beyond poetic if he took Danny Pesos and the Giants to a SB title before McCarthy does with the Girls!

Despite how hilarious that would be to watch , I sure as hell dont want that to unfold! Completely and Utterly Torn right now?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Got it. What are some real criticisms of him? Positives/negatives? I truly don't really remember how Dallas was when he was calling plays. I think their offense was ok? Good at times? I remember Demarco Murray got a million carries that one year. And he did a good job developing Dak, whatever role he played there.

He's an okay "mentor" and had a hand in rebuilding the culture of the team, more specifically rebuilding the O-line (which Callahan probably had a bigger hand in), but that's where I'll stop for positives.

He wasn't a great OC. He would never scheme players open or adopt newer philosophies like pick/rub routes.  For a time there, he tried to copy Belichick and pushed for running a full time 12-personnel scheme, drafting Gavin Escobar, talking about it...only to abandon it.  He was always learning on the job.  It just seemed like he was 3-4 years behind any trend. It took him years to finally start running the ball (was probably more of Callahan's doing).  As a HC, he gave us nothing on Sundays. It took above average rosters to win despite him.  Some believe his headset was tuned into an easy listening station.  Clap, raise mic to spit and slap butts.  That's Jason. Vanilla, ineffective, spineless, fake, won't take responsibility and will absolutely throw any and everyone under the bus.  There are former players that contend that he sabotaged Wade Phillips the year he got fired mid-season.  He didn't like Callahan and caused a rift there, causing Callahan to want out of Dallas (Jerry wouldn't allow him to interview...made him stay his last year, which all the more p*ssed off Calahan). Uggg...I'll l stop here. 

Being real. I really hope that your Giants don't sign him....being serious.  Yes, it would be funny/advantageous as a Dallas fan, but the guy never deserved to be a Coach in the NFL and still doesn't.  I just can't stand the idea of frauds/shammers like him squeaking through the cracks all of his life (and boy has he since his days at Princeton/Colombia).   

I'll part with these final words:

Someone who worked on his staff was anonymously quoted as saying "He's the smartest dumb **********er I've ever worked with". 

• Like 6