Giants hire Jason Garrett as OC; Freddie Kitchens as TE coach

RaidersAreOne

Well Jerry's plan worked, I guess? Bet he never thought in s million years Garrett would actually except the OC position instead! I'm sure Jason is Glad it was a mutually agreed upon week long dismissal!👌

Please don't turn Danny Pesos into a Legit QB! 🙏 Dallas Week should be a Hoot!🍺

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well Jerry's plan worked, I guess? Bet he never thought in s million years Garrett would actually except the OC position instead! I'm sure Jason is Glad it was a mutually agreed upon week long dismissal!👌

Please don't turn Danny Pesos into a Legit QB! 🙏 Dallas Week should be a Hoot!🍺

Does it matter?  Garrett is mediocre at best:

4 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

I hope you Hate pre-snap motion and Love Jetsweeps

But only call them at inopportune times, in the same situations, at the same spot on the field, and make sure that it’s the only time the team’s speedster WR ever gets on the field, just to ensure that it’s telegraphed well enough for the defense to pick up on. And stop. Every. Single. Time.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KManX89 said:

NFC East fans the world over are celebrating right now. 

While this is true, I know there's a part of every Cowboys Fan "puckering up" right now thinking in the back of their heads.  If the MF helps the Giants win a SB, I'm gonna jump off a GD cliff!!

Pretty much how every Eagle fan felt when TO went to Dallas! DeSean the Redskins. To a certain extent even Andy to the Chiefs.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

While this is true, I know there's a part of every Cowboys Fan "puckering up" right now thinking in the back of their heads.  If the MF helps the Giants win a SB, I'm gonna jump off a GD cliff!!

Lol! Sounds like more wishful thinking on your part. 

Garrett is a loser, through and through. 

Garrett is a good coach in a sense that he will be there for a player. A lot of young talent on that team so that is a plus for them having Garrett, especially Daniel Jones. Now he was a mediocre head coach. How he does as a OC... we shall see. Change of scenery can do amazing things for people. 

Best of luck to him, Shall be interesting to see how the NFC East shapes up with so much change happening.

9 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

But only call them at inopportune times, in the same situations, at the same spot on the field, and make sure that it’s the only time the team’s speedster WR ever gets on the field, just to ensure that it’s telegraphed well enough for the defense to pick up on. And stop. Every. Single. Time.

.........and only call it against teams that are not vulnerable to that play because analytics don't matter.

"You want to be good at a lot of things (and we will run plays that don't work again and again until we get it right.)" 

14 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Well there was alot of speculation he sabotaged the last HC he worked for so maybe. 

9 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

You’re being kind. It’s well documented that it wasn’t speculation, but absolute fact. That backstabbing, yet spineless turd will do it again soon enough.

1 hour ago, Vladimir L said:

he did it to wade

Out of all the creative ways Cowboys fans have come up with to bash JG, the idea that sabotaged Wade is one of the more ridiculous. What did he do? Call bad plays? Because that would help him get a promotion right? Being bad at your job?

It was the media who dubbed his practices "Camp cupcake". It was Bradie James (defensive player) who labeled the team an out of control circus. 

Wade got fired because he was a crappy HC who did not have any discipline. 

On 1/15/2020 at 1:46 PM, ///mcompact said:

He's an okay "mentor" and had a hand in rebuilding the culture of the team, more specifically rebuilding the O-line (which Callahan probably had a bigger hand in), but that's where I'll stop for positives.

He wasn't a great OC. He would never scheme players open or adopt newer philosophies like pick/rub routes.  For a time there, he tried to copy Belichick and pushed for running a full time 12-personnel scheme, drafting Gavin Escobar, talking about it...only to abandon it.  He was always learning on the job.  It just seemed like he was 3-4 years behind any trend. It took him years to finally start running the ball (was probably more of Callahan's doing).  As a HC, he gave us nothing on Sundays. It took above average rosters to win despite him.  Some believe his headset was tuned into an easy listening station.  Clap, raise mic to spit and slap butts.  That's Jason. Vanilla, ineffective, spineless, fake, won't take responsibility and will absolutely throw any and everyone under the bus.  There are former players that contend that he sabotaged Wade Phillips the year he got fired mid-season.  He didn't like Callahan and caused a rift there, causing Callahan to want out of Dallas (Jerry wouldn't allow him to interview...made him stay his last year, which all the more p*ssed off Calahan). Uggg...I'll l stop here. 

Being real. I really hope that your Giants don't sign him....being serious.  Yes, it would be funny/advantageous as a Dallas fan, but the guy never deserved to be a Coach in the NFL and still doesn't.  I just can't stand the idea of frauds/shammers like him squeaking through the cracks all of his life (and boy has he since his days at Princeton/Colombia).   

I'll part with these final words:

Someone who worked on his staff was anonymously quoted as saying "He's the smartest dumb **********er I've ever worked with". 

I really needed this, with all of the "Garrett is such a great guy, it's too bad he couldn't get it done" propaganda circling of late

Expert politician, total weasel. Nailed it

• Like 2