RaidersAreOne

Giants hire Jason Garrett as OC; Freddie Kitchens as TE coach

Yup there it is. Good hire I think. I would gag if he was HC, but I'm ok with OC. 

GREAT MOVE!

Now,  perhaps the light will go on for the Giants!!

Image result for Cap on clap off lampImage result for Jason Garrett

"Cute. Real cute. Ha ha."
Edited by bzane

On 1/16/2020 at 2:14 PM, Teen Girl Squad said:

The MO on Garrett's offense (and his HC) is that he's a very traditional, execution heavy coach. So his teams tend to be fundamentally sound ones. The problem is that he relies on those fundamentals and talent to consistently win matchups and doesn't do anything schematically to put his players in a situation to succeed. They never out perform their talent level. So if the players are getting defended well schematically, or just can't win their matchups, it often grinds to a halt. In this way, I actually think he's a better HC than coordinator candidate. I wouldn't love this hire from the Giants' perspective outside of maybe playing the Wade role and helping a young HC get his legs but I don't think he has the schematic chops to cut it with the innovative offenses spreading through the league.

Most intelligent response to the question by far. Granted there wasn't much competition.

I'm totally neutral on the guy but this was my general impression, which also goes along with the vanilla comments. I don't think he's bad but I doubt he's the answer either. 

Garrett puts together a very talented group of guys and his guys all love him. A players coach for sure. But his playcalling leaves a lot to be desired. A real lot. 

I think this hire will be good short them, not as sure about long term. He has a lot of experience as a head coach and Judge can pick his brain about things and problems they may have had in Dallas and what they should have done differently. Plus Garrett knows the division well, time will tell 

It will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few years.

Edited by HDsportsfan

I remember he was the guy who turned the Cowboys' offense into this insane Brees level of attempts per game, with Romo. It never really worked that well. 

Truth be told I don't think the Cowboys were ever mediocre under him, just forever ranging in that level of good to not good enough when it really matters. 

That's the feeling he leaves in Dallas, that he never took them that extra step. 

Maybe it's fair, maybe it's devalueing what he achieved there... It is as always a matter of perspective. 

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

fkBBpAB.jpg

That might have been the worst dialogue of the entire trilogy. But I think it's obvious now, you can't trust them gingers. 

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

He'll be the interim head coach by week 10. And the cycle will continue.

Well there was alot of speculation he sabotaged the last HC he worked for so maybe.