Giants hire Jason Garrett as OC; Freddie Kitchens as TE coach

RaidersAreOne

Garrett is not going there as head coach. He going there to be OC. He will run the new head coaches offense which could be completely different then what you have seen in Dallas. Garrett has been a player in the past. He had to run many (coaches change) different offenses. The same will happen in his new position. Garrett will adjust to Judge's offensive vision.

Teen Girl mentioned this earlier in the topic.

" The MO on Garrett's offense (and his HC) is that he's a very traditional, execution heavy coach. So his teams tend to be fundamentally sound ones"

IMO that's a good start for a OC. However its Judges offense that will be implemented.

After thought-  Didn't Judge say in his news conference something about traditional and execution. If that's the case, it seems like a good match in NY

Edited by m haynes

5 hours ago, ///mcompact said:
10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

While this is true, I know there's a part of every Cowboys Fan "puckering up" right now thinking in the back of their heads.  If the MF helps the Giants win a SB, I'm gonna jump off a GD cliff!!

Lol! Sounds like more wishful thinking on your part. 

Garrett is a loser, through and through. 

So you honestly think I want the Giants to Win another SB? Have to listen to gmen, again?🤯 I mean it would be light years better then You or Matt's but come on, think? Hell if I am wanting that happening!!!!!

You also act as though it is impossible for Jason to be a better OC then he was as a HC. You know like Josh McDaniels, Pat Shurmur?

I think the Clapper is a Joke but this is still the same person who led 4 different Dallas Offenses to the best in the league if I'm not mistaken. Now there's a Belicheck deciple running an organizing the show, installing the Patriot way. Jason has nothing to do but offense. Not babysit, not listen to Daddy 3 times a week talking on a radio or TV show like the Media Whore he is, Offense!

Pucker up Butter Cup!🍻

Edited by Nabbs4u

33 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You also act as though it is impossible for Jason to be a better OC then he was as a HC. You know like Josh McDaniels, Pat Shurmur?

We've already seen him as a playcaller.  There's a reason why he got those duties pulled from him. 

Edited by ///mcompact

He might not be bad as an oc.  My beef with him was his game management decisions, and being uber conservative when the game is on the line.  He always seemed too excited to settle for a 47 fg attempt to tie or go ahead, when we could have managed the clock better and at least given our kicker an easier attempt.  He also never made half time adjustments other than bad ones, like stopping running the ball.

On 1/18/2020 at 1:32 PM, Uncle Buck said:

The title of this thread should possibly be changed to "New York City Gets The Clap."  :D

Seriously, though, Garrett was a pretty good coordinator before becoming a mediocre head coach.  Maybe he can be a good addition in his former capacity. 

Yes, sometimes a change of scenery will do the trick.  Perhaps he'll be better as the OC and not the head man.