Sign in to follow this  
showtime

Free Agency

Seahawks re-sign OG Jordan Simmons 

I was super disappointed that we didn't offer him the ERFA tender but very happy to hear we're bringing him back. He's made some spot appearances in the past and looked REALLY good doing it. This is a kid who gives us exceptional depth on the interior with starting potential. 

On 4/8/2020 at 8:21 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

Seahawks re-sign OG Jordan Simmons 

I was super disappointed that we didn't offer him the ERFA tender but very happy to hear we're bringing him back. He's made some spot appearances in the past and looked REALLY good doing it. This is a kid who gives us exceptional depth on the interior with starting potential. 

Sample Size is suspect, but Seattle averaged 218 yards rushing in games he started.

Seattle Times reporting that Seahawks expected to re-sign QB Geno Smith. 

Makes all the sense in the world considering the restraints we'll have on training camp and such. Gordon should be a practice squad player. 

I'm sure most know this by now, but Seattle reportedly offered Devonta Freeman a contract (1yr/4m) and have been in talks with Carlos Hyde and of course Marshawn Lynch

I think it's telling on two fronts. First, it's readily apparent that Penny will not be available for the first half of the season. Second, it's a clear sign of doubt as to how quickly the incoming rookie class will be ready for NFL action considering this unique offseason. 

TBH, between those 3 backs I named, I think Freeman is the one I'd want the least. He looked absolutely zapped last season and doesn't bring the big-back tenacity that we covet, whereas Hyde and Lynch do. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics

And just like that, the Seahawks sign Carlos Hyde to a 1-year deal

Definitely my preferred option of the three backs. He still showed explosive flashes with Houston last year and fits the mold of what we want in a back (big and physical). I'll be curious to see whether we were able to sign him for less than the proposed $4m we offered Freeman. 

I heard Hyde is UP to $4M (so that means incentives). Hyde will be 30 at the start of the season so I think Seattle is just trying to get some insurance behind Carson since Penny wont be ready and Dallas is a rookie. Hyde has an injury history but not that many NFL carries for his age, so maybe he produces. He's coming off his best season where he ran behind a pretty pedestrian line in Houston. Granted he's not going to much better in Seattle (maybe Lewis will pan out). 

I think Freeman at 28 is searching for a 3 year $21M type of a deal, which just doesn't make sense for Seattle to sign.