Do you like the NFL more now, or ten years ago?

patriotsheatyan

Do you like the NFL more now, or ten years ago?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the NFL more now, or ten years ago?

• Now
    • Ten years ago

I like it more now tbh but I do miss the Raven/Steeler Defensive Slugfests.

Can't we have great defensive games and great offensive games? I like variety. Apparently it has to be one way or the other.

And for anyone that references last years SB... that was not a defensive battle. That was just Bellichick bending McVay over backwards. Just because a game is low scoring does not mean it's a defensive battle.

Edited by BayRaider

12 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Indifferent. No drastic rule changes between now and then. Pre-2004 though.... that was the good stuff.

There was a rule in the secondary in the 2011 off season, that made CB touching a lot less friendly. This is one of the reasons you had the "2011 QB Takeoff" Rodgers, Brees, Brady and others had inhuman years. Teams adjusted for 2012. But this why you have never seen the classic Steeler/Ravens fights that we saw from 2005-2010. Those died in 2010.

They had another rule in the secondary before the 2018 season started that once again, handicapped defenses. This led to the biggest offensive explosion in NFL History and also Pat Mahomes historic year.

I don't remember exactly what the rules were but I'm sure you can look them up.

• Like 3