Do you like the NFL more now, or ten years ago?

patriotsheatyan

Do you like the NFL more now, or ten years ago?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the NFL more now, or ten years ago?

• Now
    • Ten years ago

Anything is better than what we have right now.  

They have honestly ruined the game from all aspects.  

Extreme measures to protect the QB

Multiple perspectives to determine what is and what's not a catch

Proselytizing the need for more coaching diversity around the league.  

National anthem controversy 

Players retiring too early

Ridiculous amounts of money wasted in player contracts  

A lot of these problems weren't even existent as recent as 10 years ago, but football will never be what it was when the boomers were growing up.  

I envy those past generations that got to see what football was meant to be.  

• Like 2

10 years ago because it seemed slightly harder. 

Hits less scrutinized, more power-based and I could be wrong on this but there seemed to be more outdoor in cold weather games. Whereas now there's indoor super stadiums appearing in cold areas (MIN, DET...). Long live Lambeu.

I still love football right now 

did you see Derrick Henry beat Tom Brady that **** was awesome 

or Mahomes come back from 24 down

or how great that 9ers defense is

this is a really enjoyable time

id just like the league to do a little more promoting the good defensive players. There are a ton of guys who could get more recognition which would help it to feel like the 90s and 2000s which were full of great defenders 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Anything is better than what we have right now.  

They have honestly ruined the game from all aspects.  

Yet here you are on a Football Forum, Probably playing Fantasy Football  while watching NFL Football Games every single week like clock work. 

Have some of the new rules made it more of a Ticky Tac League, sure! However this next generation of Retired Players "shouldn't for the most part" have their bodies destroyed by Steroids and Concussions so we as fans can Celebrate "You Got Jacked Up" on Sports Center , like I Did.

Watch friends Kill themselves do to a disease now diagnosed (CTE) because its actually being Studied, Documented and Treated Properly on a Play by Play -Game by Game basis instead of hey Smell this , get your A$$ back out there!

You dont play the game and you sure as hell don't know what NFL players especially those Retired from the Glory Generations you wished still exists go through on a daily basis, just to walk, get dressed, hold their kids/grandkids, doing every day things Normal people like you or I take for grant it. 

If You don't like what you're watching, turn it off, switch channels go watch MMA to get your fix it's really that simple!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 3

Now. For everyone. Anyone that says 10 years ago is either lying to themselves or the old "grass is always greener" types. What are the complaints about today's NFL?

1. Officiating - it's bad, but the players playing faster and harder than ever make their jobs pretty impossible - IMO they're not deciding outcomes and that's all I care about

2. QB protection - at the end of the day, your season is over if you lose your QB for the year - while we may not like this, you can certainly see the reasons for it

3. Player safety - people complain about this, but Luck and Kuechly retiring show why it's necessary - less and less people will play football if the game doesn't become safer

4. Too much offense - there's less offense this year than last year overall, and the best offense was a running team

5. Passing is too easy - four QBs threw for more than 30 TDs and nobody hit 40. Only 11 QBs passed for over 4000 yards

It was well documented that run first teams were doing well in the playoffs - Ryan Tannehill and/or Jimmy G might make the Super Bowl.

The NFL is much better now.

• Like 2