Would you take Odell Beckham? And what would you be willing to give up for him?

brownie man

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Nah. AB ruined diva WR's for me.

Brown, Moss, Walker....

Truth is, it's becoming rare that great WRs, especially divas, are as successful at subsequent locations. 

Notable exceptions have been Amari Cooper, Emmanuel Sanders, Anquan Boldin, and Vincent Jackson. There's a difference between them and OBJ that stands out in a way I want nothing to do with. 

I'll pass and try and grab someone who puts the team first, shuts up, and produces without being toxic. 

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Will gladly give up the Niners 1st rounder for him. 

I hope you're talking about former 1st rounder Joshua Garnett as that's the only thing on our squad even closely related to a 1st round pick that someone should give up for Beckclown. He was always overrated and cares way too much about himself. With his current contract, I wouldn't want him if he was given to us for free. 

• Like 2

Would I: No, personally I wouldn't. 

Could we: No, I don't think we could right now, and especially given the way we slice up salaries

Would OBJ come here: Noooo wayyy. He may say he'd love to work with BB/TB but when he see's his Brandon Lloyd salary he'd run a mile

Edited by Hunter2_1

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Nah. AB ruined diva WR's for me.

I swear.. the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread was AB

I don't think OBJ is a horrible person like AB is, but I still wouldn't want him.

Too many hey look at me moments and he isn't producing like he used to.

I didn't like OBJ since the Josh Norman incident when he was still with the Giants. He's a nutcase. Everything he's done since has only reinforced my opinion of him. I don't want him near my team. 

He can't even shut up for 3 minutes and let the head coach give a post-game speech.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Magnifico said:

Top 5-10 WR who had a down year because his QB played like trash. I'm sure plenty of teams would take him. The contract would limit any returns for the Browns.

Wait for the off-season or look at Antonio Brown. When the NFL players are getting arrested all over the shop OBJ's antics will pale in comparison to some of the upcoming stupidity.

Eh, Baker certainly had a down year but so did OBJ. He dropped quite a few easy passes thrown his way this past year. They just never seemed to be on the same page. Hopefully they'll develop some more chemistry for next season, along with having (hopefully) better coaching.

19 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'd still welcome him back. But looking back, Gettleman did get really good value for him. That whole trade at this point in time is leaning very heavily in the Giants favor. 

I don’t want OBJ back. The production was worth the drama early in his career. That is no longer the case. Not to mention the salary. Furthermore, this WR class is stacked. We could get a good receiver in the 2nd or 3rd round. Also excited for Darius Slayton’s development after a great rookie season. And he has his head on straight. 

Edited by Gmen

Yes, I would. 

I would be willing to part with a mid to late 1st round pick.

My offer as the Rams GM would be Brandin Cooks and a 3rd for ODB. 

His "Diva-ness" is completely overblown in today's society by social media. His off the field issues are excerbated by the media, when they are not that serious comparatively. Any comparison to AB is a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously. He's a top 5 WR talent in he NFL heading into his prime. Rest is just non-sense and hatred for the guy off the field.

• Like 1