Would you take Odell Beckham? And what would you be willing to give up for him?

brownie man

8 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yes, I would.Ā 

I would be willing to part with a mid to late 1st round pick.

My offer as the Rams GM would be Brandin Cooks and a 3rd for ODB.Ā 

His "Diva-ness" is completely overblown in today's society by social media. His off the field issues are excerbated by the media, when they are not that serious comparatively. Any comparison to AB is a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously. He's a top 5 WR talent in he NFL heading into his prime. Rest is just non-sense and hatred for the guy off the field.

Heā€™s not. All of the leg injuries are starting to add up. He can still be a productive player, but the days of him routinely taking a 5Ā yard slant for a 40 yard TDĀ seem very distant.Ā 

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I'd still welcome him back. But looking back, Gettleman did get really good value for him. That whole trade at this point in time is leaning very heavily in the Giants favor.Ā 

How so? Dexter Lawrence looks like heā€™s gonna be a good pro. DeAndre Baker who I will give benefit of doubt given corner is a very difficult position to transition to in the pros. And Jabril Peppers who lets be honest hasnā€™t contributed all that much. Itā€™s too early to judge right now. And seen as this teams performance on the field hasnā€™t gotten any better, in fact got worse, I donā€™t know we won this tradeĀ 

No, his best days are behind him with more opportunities of his antics ahead of him. OBJ makes the news for all the wrong reasons. If I am an owner of a team I do not want him. I once said Iā€™d give AB a shot, but that was a one year prove it deal. Neither of these guys is going to be anything other than a long term headache.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Said after the LSU dollars thing it was just gonna get worse and worse and worse little by little.Ā 

The LSU dollars thing was such a dumb publicity stunt. If you wanna make a statement on the subject, do so with well put together words in the proper setting. Make a legit case for these kids beside all the other ppl doing so. Instead he made it about himself.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Our new GM is not trading OBJ. If OBJ blew up, heā€™dĀ have that mark on his career no matter how much success he had.

Agree. I mean, Browns should definitely keep him this year 100%. You invested a 1st in him. And his antics arenā€™t too crazy yet. Just with WRs this is almost always foreshadowing.Ā 

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agree. I mean, Browns should definitely keep him this year 100%. You invested a 1st in him. And his antics arenā€™t too crazy yet. Just with WRs this is almost always foreshadowing.Ā 

Heā€™s an idiotĀ 

I donā€™t care if he blows up. If that means Baker and this new coach donā€™t have a distraction hindering his success he can bounceĀ 

13 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Heā€™s an idiotĀ 

I donā€™t care if he blows up. If that means Baker and this new coach donā€™t have a distraction hindering his success he can bounceĀ 

With the much needed culture change in Cleveland, losing OBJ definitely wouldnā€™t hurt that goal. I suspect his attitude wasnā€™t helping things.

I know itā€™s a controversial thing to talk about but in the post game interview after the Myles Garret incident, OBJ took a really long time to condemn MGs actions and even afterĀ he finally acknowledges that it was wrong, he kinda came off to me as amused more than anything.

Edited by lolsurebro

Couldn't get enough of himĀ early, but starting to go cold on him now.Ā He has / had the potential to beĀ the consensus #1 wideout in the league for oneĀ or more seasons, but I don't see him ever getting there. Likely there will always be 1,2,3 orĀ more receivers in front of him. With his talent thatĀ feels like an underachievement.Ā