Bears hire John DeFlippo as QB Coach

.Buzz

I don't like the offensive coordinator we got, but DeFilipo has had pretty stellar results as a QBC. If anyone can get Mitch straightened out, I'd like to believe this was the right hire to do it. 

Good move for DeFilipo too... Basically no risk for him. If Mitch still sucks he can basically just say Mitch sucks..... But if he can actually turn Mitch around, then he's going to have a major resume builder on what is already a decent QBC resume. 

Loved his breakdown videos from Philly. 

• Like 2

As I said in one of the other threads it's clear they like Ragone for design more than anything else...getting Flip in to work with Trubisky can only help...Lazor will have a bigger hand in the running game that I figured and Nagy will continue with the playcalling...I think having Nagy, Flip, Ragone & Lazor all there to try and get something from Trubisky will make or break him.

58 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

As I said in one of the other threads it's clear they like Ragone for design more than anything else...getting Flip in to work with Trubisky can only help...Lazor will have a bigger hand in the running game that I figured and Nagy will continue with the playcalling...I think having Nagy, Flip, Ragone & Lazor all there to try and get something from Trubisky will make or break him.

If Mitch sucks next year it’s all on him. Cutler never had this level of coaching in his career.

I recently said pass on Fillipo as OC BUT, kinda like this move as QB coach.  I thought Nagy really liked Ragone, and that is evident with the promotion. Seems like he is grooming Ragone for an OC or head coaching job for the future.  Fillipo can resurrect his career by making Trubisky in a better QB.  If that doesn't happen then it doesn't fall back on him, and would probably get a job somewhere else.

What the hell has Ragone done in the last 4-5 years to earn a promotion!?

As for Ragone’s pending promotion with the #Bears, I know this might be a surprise but he’s really well thought of — despite Trubisky’s struggles.

Ragone has added to the play designs. I know what the results are, but my understanding is that some of the best plays were his.

^^This is some fluff **** if I've ever seen it.

If some of the best plays were his then a) I'd like to know who is truly responsible for the worst plays? b) If Nagy thinks this highly of his play-calling, despite coming off a terrible offensive showing, then why not just give him full-control of the play-calling duties altogether?