After Antonio Brown's latest stunt, does he ever see another snap? Ever be HOF considered?

TecmoSuperJoe

Antonio Brown had another incident via his social media account recently where he broadcast an alternation with the police and the mother of his children in front of his house. I won't post the video, because it wouldn't be appropriate for this site, but really it's just 20 minutes of Brown looking like a jerk yet again. What I will post is the response by the ESPN First Take crew instead. I actually liked what they had to say here, as it didn't seem like the usual national media sports talk fluff. 

I want to hear your opinions if Brown will ever play a snap in the NFL again, or if he'll even sniff Canton. I can't see how he rebounds from this. And like others have said over the last few months, the man seems crazy now. 

Just continues to break my heart.  I loved the dude for years and he went off the deep end hard.  Warning signs were there, I suppose...but he went from merely a distraction, to a locker room cancer, and is now a full blown dumpster fire of a human being....all within a little more than an offseason.

Any team who would roll the dice on this guy is asking for trouble.  He cant stay out of trouble, regularly attacks others, and has taken ZERO personal accountability for anything.

HOF....as a player, he absolutely deserves it, but at this point, he will be better known for his off field drama.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Just continues to break my heart.  I loved the dude for years and he went off the deep end hard.  Warning signs were there, I suppose...but he went from merely a distraction, to a locker room cancer, and is now a full blown dumpster fire of a human being....all within a little more than an offseason.

Any team who would roll the dice on this guy is asking for trouble.  He cant stay out of trouble, regularly attacks others, and has taken ZERO personal accountability for anything.

HOF....as a player, he absolutely deserves it, but at this point, he will be better known for his off field drama.

Thats why I have a similar concern. Nobody falls of the deep end that fast without somthing causing it. Dont want to jump to conclusions and Im not pretending Im a doctor but Im really wondering if there is something wrong upstairs with him at this point.

The HOF is not just about on field production, I believe the HOF also takes into account your off the field stuff and how much of a great brand ambassador you were for the league. Look at T.O. as an example. He didnt get first ballot despite clearly being one of the 5 best players at his position ever due to the off field concerns and his personal brand. This AB stuff is far beyond that and I think this has taken him out of consideration completely. 

The idea that Antonio Brown became this way due to CTE is complete hogwash.  

He was always this way.  

Pittsburgh fans saw this coming a long time ago. 

He came a long way from playing the slot behind Mike Wallace, worked his tail off to get to where he was at his peak, and then ruined it because his lifelong ego caught up with him.  

Never cared about winning a Super Bowl either.  It's a shame that Big Ben wasted so many years with him.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

The idea that Antonio Brown became this way due to CTE is complete hogwash.  

He was always this way.  

Pittsburgh fans saw this coming a long time ago. 

He came a long way from playing the slot behind Mike Wallace, worked his tail off to get to where he was at his peak, and then ruined it because his lifelong ego caught up with him.  

Never cared about winning a Super Bowl either.  It's a shame that Big Ben wasted so many years with him.  

I dont know why everyone defaults to the most extreme of CTE. It could be something far more common like depression. 

• Like 2

I think teams will still give him a shot, but he will find a way to screw it up. like I doubt a team will give him a deal he likes, so he will already be in a bad mood ready to blow as soon as he signs, and god forbid a team enforces its rules on him..he will blow up on them.

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont know why everyone defaults to the most extreme of CTE. It could be something far more common like depression. 

While you are right, as @Kiwibrown stated, this doesnt seem like depression at all.  

I personally think its a combination of who he has always been coupled with how money, fame and maybe some shots to the head exasperated any other underlying mental issues he has.

• Like 2

Play another snap? Heckkk no. I hope not. 

HoF? Ehhhh. He was fantastic, another year and two of top stats + great attitude and he’d be a first ballot HoF. With the terrible attitude and shorter career, he’s like 5th ballot/Senior Committee. He’ll eventually get in, but it will take wayyyyy longer than Owens. 

Edited by BayRaider