Way to early mock just for fun

rampantjet

This is clearly way to early, but this is how i start to get to know the players and the lay of the land.  I really feel like the clear objective of this offseason has to be to help Sam as much as possible.  It might piss off Gregg to not get many new toys, but he damned himself by proving how good of a job he can do with scraps.  Getting CJ back will also basically be a new FA.  I will only do an abbreviated free agency since a ton of these guys will be resigned, or tagged.  

Cuts:

Trumaine:  I honestly wouldn't care if this move saved any money I would kick this bum to the curb regardless, luckly the power of magic macc and his genius contracts has us saving a whopping 3 mill against a dead cap number of 12 mill going into year 3.... hurray

Avery Williamson:  I really like the guy but it just doesn't make sense to keep him.  He is a run stuffing ILBer returning to a team that was already elite at stopping the run.  Also we would be paying 25.5 mill to our middle LBers next year which is really the easiest to fill position on the defense.  That is like paying a washed up RB 12.5 mill next year..... oh wait...... damn.  This move saves us 6.5 mill

Quincy Enunwa:  I just don't think he can play football anymore without messing up his neck.  I liked the way he played but this was another Macc special.  We only save 2.4 mill but it is worth it.

Brian Winters:  It is time to rip this band aid off and throw it away finally.  He has been serviceable at best when healthy and he is less and less healthy.  Going to be 29 before next season, and it saves is 7.2 mill.  We need guys who can get a push, he doesn't

Daryl Roberts:  Another brilliant Macc move.  Lets give an older rubbish CB who never really started significant money.  He threw in a twist here though and didn't load us up with a bunch of dead money this time though.  We save 6 mill.

Jonatthan Harrison:  Just a sub replacement level player who has been thrust into a starting role.  If we can't find an equivalent back up for minimum money then JD has done a poor job.  Saves 2.25 mill

Josh Bellemy:  This one has to be on Gase, which is concerning.  This signing just made 0 sense.  This saves 2.25 mill

After these cuts we are sitting at 78.5 mill

Resignings:

Robby Anderson:  I have really gone back and forth on this one.  Part of me doesn't think he is really worth the money, but in reality I think the biggest problem for him is that he is the clear number 1 guy, and he really isn't that guy.  If we can put other weapons around him he can help this offense a ton by consistently taking the top off.  We pay him 12 mill per for 3 years.

Brian Poole:  Guy earned it this year.  With how rough our CB situation is we need to keep any positive part of our CB corps.  We give him 10 mill per over 3

Alex Lewis:  Good enough to bring back as a back up OG.  If we go into the season planning on him starting it will be a bad sign, but as a 2 position back up i like how we are sitting.  2.5 mill for 2 years

Jordan Jenkins:  Don't love it but he has been at least ok for us.  He gets 10 mill per since the edge market is nuts.  

Kelvin Beachum:  We resign him to a 2 year deal with an out after 1 year.  He starts for us at LT next year which will give any OT we draft a year to learn at RT before moving to LT next year.  He isn't my favorite, but i don't savor the idea of throwing Sam to the wolves with a rookie on his blind side next year.  10 mill per 

FA:

Graham Glasgow C:  He can play C or OG at a fairly high level.  He might not be an all pro but he is a big upgrade over what we have had.  Also his position flexibility gives us the ability to take the best OL that falls to us in the draft.  We give him 10 mill per for 4 years with possible out after 2 years.  

Byron Jones CB:  I feel like this will be our other big spending move.  It will give us 1 legit CB, and we can give Bless and a few other youngsters the chance to win the #2 spot.  If Bless can develop Byron, Bless and Brian can be a nice top 3, add in our safeties and we could have a decent secondary.  He gets 16 mill per for 4 years.  

We will make a few other smaller signings after all of these moves we are sitting at 10.6 mill in space.  

Draft:

1. Cincy: Joe Burrow QB- Duh

2. Redskins: Chase Young EDGE- Duh

3. Lions: Jeffery Okuda CB

4. Giants:  Isaiah Simmons Everything

5. Miami: Tua Tagoviaola QB-

6. Chargers:  Andrew Thomas OT

7. Carolina:  Derrick Brown DT

8. Arizona: Jedrick Wills OT

9. Jax:  CeeDee Lamb WR

10. Browns:  Tristan Wirfs OT

11.  Jets.... so here we are.  The 3 OT's are off the board and we aren't pumped about it, but this is where JD's connections come into play.  Something Macc didn't have.  JD gets on the phone with his former team Philly who badly needs to put weapons around Carson Wentz.  They trade up from #21 to take Jerry Jeudy.  Jets get #21 and Philly's 2nd rounder 

12. Raiders:  Henry Ruggs WR- The ghost of Al Davis makes this pick. 

13. Indy:  Justin Herbert QB

14. TB: Kristian Fulton CB

15. Denver:  Laviska Shenault WR

16. ATL: AJ Epenesa EDGE

17. Dallas: Grant Delpit S

18. Miami:  Tyler Biadiasz  OC

19.  Raiders:  Kenneth Murray ILBer

20.  Jax:  Trevon Diggs CB

21. Jets:  Mekhi Bekton OT-  Dude is a mountain of a man at 6'7 370lbs.  The weird thing is he can move like a guy 60lbs smaller.  He has all of the length movement and strength you can ever want for the position.  He has a few things to work on including keeping his weight down.... maybe even dropping to 345 or so, but I think he has the highest ceiling of the OT's in this class.  

#48 Jets:  Zack Baun EDGE-  Guy can move.  He is a smart edge player who can also drop back into coverage.  Can be the quick pressure around the outside that we have needed forever.  He's listed at 235 right now which is on the small side, but much like Brian Burns if he can pack on some weight coming into the combine and maintain his athleticism the sky is the limit.  

#53. Jets:  Brandon Aiyuk WR-  Guy can move and has great YAC.  Needs to polish up his route running a bit but still has teh ability to gain separation.  Used to be a RB so he really does run like one with the ball in his hands.  This is something we need especially with the departure of Q and how little we got from Herndon this year.  

#68. Jets:  Cesar Ruiz C/OG-  Guy was a top notch recruit and is really stout at the point of attack especially for a C.  This gives us flexibility to have him or Glasgow play C, and the other can easily play OG.  Dude is a solid 320 or so.  Love it.  

#79. Jets:  Ben Bredenson OG-  We snag Ruiz' Michigan teammate who is even bigger and stronger.  I love how this guy plays.  He is out there looking for pancakes, and looking to move people down field off the LOS.  Something we had none of this year.  

#117. Jets:  Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB-   Love this guy.  I have a real affinity for short stocky RB's who can do a bit of everything.  With his low center of gravity he is super hard to take down, has good vision, and can catch out of the backfield.  

*TRADE* Jets trade Lev Bell to the Chiefs for the Chiefs 4th rounder.  We eat some of his extra cap space.  We end up with the pick and we end up saving 4 mill in the deal. 

#133. Jets:  Levonta Taylor CB-  Was a top recruit coming out.  Has all the potential in the world, just never really hit his stride in college.  Worth a shot in the late 4th.  

#140  Jets:  AJ Dillon RB-  I know i know.  We just took another RB, but after trading Bell we have basically no RB's on the roster.  Also If you haven't noticed from the line picks i want us to smash people in the mouth with our run game.  Well this is a 250lber with some real juice.  People are gonna be sick of tackling this guy after a while.  

#190  Jets:  Van Jefferson WR-  This guy doesn't have the highest ceiling on the planet due to some limited athleticism but man is he polished.  Can release off the line, can run every route, and just knows how to gain separation.  Also..... his dad just happens to be our WR coach... hence how polished he is.  We need to get Sam as many guys that can get open as possible and this kid can do it.  

• Like 1

I see the idea you have... but I’d be very pissed if we passed up one of the best WRs in recent years to move down 10 spots and only gain a late mid 2nd rounder.

This just leaves us not much a better team IMO with the cap we have and picks we have. We dont improve at all at skill positions. Aiyuk I dont mind in that area, but with just resigning Robby thats not enough at WR (remember I dont think we should spend big on Robby) and obviously Edwards-Helaire wont get a ton of snaps with Bell here. And while I like Van Jefferson to rely on him is risky. He's pretty maxed out on his potential pretty much already. And I just cant see us taking 2 RBs.

Like I said I see the idea... I like that the OL is built up. But its just not enough to get excited about besides that. For me given the situation and board you have... just draft Jeudy and get a #1 WR with Darnold for a decade. The way you have it still has Robby as our #1 when he is not that. Then go OT in Round 2 or even trade up for an OT (we have 2 3rds to bait out there). 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I see the idea you have... but I’d be very pissed if we passed up one of the best WRs in recent years to move down 10 spots and only gain a late mid 2nd rounder.

Same, unless we are getting a future 1st plus their second you don't pass up on Jeudy.  He's probably ranked higher coming out than Cooper who went top 5.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This just leaves us not much a better team IMO with the cap we have and picks we have. We dont improve at all at skill positions. Aiyuk I dont mind in that area, but with just resigning Robby thats not enough at WR (remember I dont think we should spend big on Robby) and obviously Edwards-Helaire wont get a ton of snaps with Bell here. And while I like Van Jefferson to rely on him is risky. He's pretty maxed out on his potential pretty much already. And I just cant see us taking 2 RBs.

Like I said I see the idea... I like that the OL is built up. But its just not enough to get excited about besides that. For me given the situation and board you have... just draft Jeudy and get a #1 WR with Darnold for a decade. The way you have it still has Robby as our #1 when he is not that. Then go OT in Round 2 or even trade up for an OT (we have 2 3rds to bait out there). 

I have us trading Bell.  I think there is a chance with this offseason that 4/5 spots on our OL are upgraded in 1 off season.  We add a good CB to our D.  You can not love some of the moves i made that is understandable, but i think this would be a clearly better offense, and our D would have more talent on it as well.  

I was tempted by Jeudy but looking back at recent drafts, many of the top notch WR's to come out of those drafts were in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  

If the only thing we do in this entire off season is fix our line to protect Sam more, and to provide us even a league average running attack I am a happy guy, everything else is just gravy.  

26 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I have us trading Bell.  I think there is a chance with this offseason that 4/5 spots on our OL are upgraded in 1 off season.  We add a good CB to our D.  You can not love some of the moves i made that is understandable, but i think this would be a clearly better offense, and our D would have more talent on it as well.  

I was tempted by Jeudy but looking back at recent drafts, many of the top notch WR's to come out of those drafts were in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  

If the only thing we do in this entire off season is fix our line to protect Sam more, and to provide us even a league average running attack I am a happy guy, everything else is just gravy.  

I respect that. Not the opinion I share but to each their own. Id rather let Robby walk and use that cap space on the OL on sure things rather than risk it in the draft mid rounds. And add quality WRs and OL with quality picks in the draft. I dont care to address the defense that much at all. We have the 7th best defense without our best defensive player. While our offense was one of the worst once again in the whole NFL. Just beefing up the OL isnt enough for me. A guy like Byron Jones is very very far down on my list of needs. Give me Jimmy Smith for fraction of his price.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The Jets will not be selecting a WR in round 1. Period. Gotta get used to it. 

As far as Mekhi Becton- I’m fully expecting him to go in the top 10. 

18 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

The Jets will not be selecting a WR in round 1. Period. Gotta get used to it. 

As far as Mekhi Becton- I’m fully expecting him to go in the top 10. 

I understand what you're saying. But it has been you who has preached a GREAT draft philosophy is to go BPA. And Its hard for me to think of any players better than Jeudy in this draft class besides Burrow and Young. So when did your philosophy change? Bc every year we drafted Leo, Adams, Q, etc. You've said they're BPA and thats the way to draft. And if Jeudy is there at 11. How does he not fit that?

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I understand what you're saying. But it has been you who has preached a GREAT draft philosophy is to go BPA. And Its hard for me to think of any players better than Jeudy in this draft class besides Burrow and Young. So when did your philosophy change? Bc every year we drafted Leo, Adams, Q, etc. You've said they're BPA and thats the way to draft. And if Jeudy is there at 11. How does he not fit that?

That's right. I'm not saying that it's right or wrong, but usually people make mock drafts based on what they think will happen, not want to happen. I'm telling you the Jets will not take a WR in round 1, so what's the point of criticizing someone's mock based on their failure to do so? 

Also, I don't think Jerry Jeudy is the 3rd best player in the class. In a vacuum he's about 9th on my board. Just because it's the deepest WR class ever doesn't mean he's the best receiving prospect ever... it's one thing if the Jets were sitting at 11 and passed on arguably the best WR prospect ever, another if they decided to trade down an reset the board considering that there is WR depth throughout the draft. 

Furthermore, since when have I not advocated trading down for additional draft picks? I have always said if you can't trade down, then you take the BPA... you act like moving down 10 and acquiring "only" a mid-2nd is a waste... that's two top 50 players for the price of passing on arguably the top receiving prospect in the class IN THE DEEPEST RECEIVING CLASS EVER... 

I can go on and on with this debate, bottom line is you have preached a desire to have an elite #1 WR out of your fascination of players that register "explosive" statistics for some time now. Last year it was DK Metcalf, who had a great year but was not and still is not worthy of selecting 3rd overall. This year it has been signing Amari Cooper or drafting Jeudy/Lamb. It's tiring and worn out- this isn't a fantasy football team. 

Edited by jetskid007

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

That's right. I'm not saying that it's right or wrong, but usually people make mock drafts based on what they think will happen, not want to happen. I'm telling you the Jets will not take a WR in round 1, so what's the point of criticizing someone's mock based on their failure to do so? 

Also, I don't think Jerry Jeudy is the 3rd best player in the class. In a vacuum he's about 9th on my board. Just because it's the deepest WR class ever doesn't mean he's the best receiving prospect ever... it's one thing if the Jets were sitting at 11 and passed on arguably the best WR prospect ever, another if they decided to trade down an reset the board considering that there is WR depth throughout the draft. 

Furthermore, since when have I not advocated trading down for additional draft picks? I have always said if you can't trade down, then you take the BPA... you act like moving down 10 and acquiring "only" a mid-2nd is a waste... that's two top 50 players for the price of passing on arguably the top receiving prospect in the class IN THE DEEPEST RECEIVING CLASS EVER... 

I can go on and on with this debate, bottom line is you have preached a desire to have an elite #1 WR out of your fascination of players that register "explosive" statistics for some time now. Last year it was DK Metcalf, who had a great year but was not and still is not worthy of selecting 3rd overall. This year it has been signing Amari Cooper or drafting Jeudy/Lamb. It's tiring and worn out- this isn't a fantasy football team. 

I choose to heighten prospects based on how confident I am that they’ll succeed at the next level. Sometimes that might look like over drafting or not drafting a need. But for me great WR prospects generally transfer over great to the NFL. Especially elite route runners like Jeudy is.

You criticize my draft philosophy. Yet continuously the guys who I like have good careers and the ones you generally like don’t.

DK and even Brown who I loved last year are both far superior to that of Quinnen Williams. And let’s also remember that I didn’t want a WR at 3 unless we addressed edge and OL (which we didn’t) therfor I wanted Josh Allen. Go check my posts from last year if you don’t believe me. All 3 of those guys are better than Q so far.

Same for this year I am saying I want OL. But if the need is addressed in FA and the board falls to where Thomas, Wills and Wirfs are gone... I’m 100% going to pound the table for Jeudy or Lamb.

Like I said you can criticize the wya I want to build a team all you want. I quite frankly can care less. If it annoys that I continually want OL and WRs then block my posts. I promise I’ll lose 0 sleep over it. But facts are facts that the guys I generally want and like have a better track record than yours bc as I recall you loved most of our failed defensive 1st rounders bc they were “BPA” and that we needed to trust the process.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I choose to heighten prospects based on how confident I am that they’ll succeed at the next level. Sometimes that might look like over drafting or not drafting a need. But for me great WR prospects generally transfer over great to the NFL. Especially elite route runners like Jeudy is.

You criticize my draft philosophy. Yet continuously the guys who I like have good careers and the ones you generally like don’t.

DK and even Brown who I loved last year are both far superior to that of Quinnen Williams. And let’s also remember that I didn’t want a WR at 3 unless we addressed edge and OL (which we didn’t) therfor I wanted Josh Allen. Go check my posts from last year if you don’t believe me. All 3 of those guys are better than Q so far.

Same for this year I am saying I want OL. But if the need is addressed in FA and the board falls to where Thomas, Wills and Wirfs are gone... I’m 100% going to pound the table for Jeudy or Lamb.

Like I said you can criticize the wya I want to build a team all you want. I quite frankly can care less. If it annoys that I continually want OL and WRs then block my posts. I promise I’ll lose 0 sleep over it. But facts are facts that the guys I generally want and like have a better track record than yours bc as I recall you loved most of our failed defensive 1st rounders bc they were “BPA” and that we needed to trust the process.

I'm free to defend myself when you accuse of me shifting my philosophy over night. Never once did I do such a thing: resource allocation and selecting the best player available have always been things I've stood for, not selecting a player who fills a need because they play a position that looks good on a highlight real. I simply defended a poster for going the more realistic route in his mock draft, and you used it as an opportunity to try and shove words in my mouth. Shame on you. 

"The guys I like tend to have good careers and the ones you generally like don't" is a hilarious statement; I put in the work to review players, perform research on players, to speak with people in the know, and I put forth what I determine to be relevant Jets-related information. What do you do? Bandwagon off of what I have to say, take my ideas and create you're own posts based on the information I'm posting on here... If that's the case I'll just keep it to myself or post somewhere else. The only two players you can cite are Allen over Williams and Beasley over Williams, neither of which are proven one way or the other. Honestly, I don't know any other players you "loved" because I haven't seen you post a single substantive analysis over a player's capabilities on here rather than state a desire without any backup of "why"... forgive me for being critical when someone posts a statement and doesn't back it up with ANYTHING substantive... but I guess I can just "block your posts if it annoys me"... come on man, that's childish. Back yourself up and show that you know what you're talking about and I won't challenge. Simply put. 

As far as pointing to "your prospects" Josh Allen or AJ Brown or DK Metcalf - who thankfully you reminded us that you loved them (as if all of #DraftTwitter didn't) - it's extremely immature to get on your high horse claiming they are better than a player who hasn't even played a full 16 games in their career yet. Again, I don't think you can even annunciate why you loved them other than pointing to stats or combine measurables. I LOVED Metcalf very early in the process; I scouted him before he was even popular, posted it on this site as early as September/October, explained how he would fit in our offense (then), and gave him a Josh Gordon comparison in terms of his playing style (I'm fairly certain you can easily search and discover all those posts, I certainly won't take the time to do it)... then what do you know? He blew up the combine and then you have people like you championing him as a top 10 pick because the the draft was thin on elite receiver talent; not I. Why? Because he proved nothing in college and was injury prone. What about AJ Brown? Because he played 90% of his snaps out of the slot so it was impossible to get a good read on what he would do as an outside receiver; it was all a projection. It's not to say that they weren't deserving of 1st round grades in my eyes, they were, but not top 10. Not then and not now. It's easy to jump up and say "look at what Metcalf and Brown are doing versus Williams" when two of those players are on playoff teams with talent littered around them vs one who didn't have a stellar season. The cream always rises to the top, and a a player's value is a derivative of the overall impact they can make in a game - both on the stat sheet and off it - year-in and year-out, not just one season. 

Final note: good teams don't require elite receivers. What they do require - and what I agree with you with - is good line play. Good OT > elite WR every day of the week. 

Rant over

Edited by jetskid007

41 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I'm free to defend myself when you accuse of me shifting my philosophy over night. Never once did I do such a thing: resource allocation and selecting the best player available have always been things I've stood for, not selecting a player who fills a need because they play a position that looks good on a highlight real. I simply defended a poster for going the more realistic route in his mock draft, and you used it as an opportunity to try and shove words in my mouth. Shame on you. 

"The guys I like tend to have good careers and the ones you generally like don't" is a hilarious statement; I put in the work to review players, perform research on players, to speak with people in the know, and I put forth what I determine to be relevant Jets-related information. What do you do? Bandwagon off of what I have to say, take my ideas and create you're own posts based on the information I'm posting on here... If that's the case I'll just keep it to myself or post somewhere else. The only two players you can cite are Allen over Williams and Beasley over Williams, neither of which are proven one way or the other. Honestly, I don't know any other players you "loved" because I haven't seen you post a single substantive analysis over a player's capabilities on here rather than state a desire without any backup of "why"... forgive me for being critical when someone posts a statement and doesn't back it up with ANYTHING substantive... but I guess I can just "block your posts if it annoys me"... come on man, that's childish. Back yourself up and show that you know what you're talking about and I won't challenge. Simply put. 

As far as pointing to "your prospects" Josh Allen or AJ Brown or DK Metcalf - who thankfully you reminded us that you loved them (as if all of #DraftTwitter didn't) - it's extremely immature to get on your high horse claiming they are better than a player who hasn't even played a full 16 games in their career yet. Again, I don't think you can even annunciate why you loved them other than pointing to stats or combine measurables. I LOVED Metcalf very early in the process; I scouted him before he was even popular, posted it on this site as early as September/October, explained how he would fit in our offense (then), and gave him a Josh Gordon comparison in terms of his playing style (I'm fairly certain you can easily search and discover all those posts, I certainly won't take the time to do it)... then what do you know? He blew up the combine and then you have people like you championing him as a top 10 pick because the the draft was thin on elite receiver talent; not I. Why? Because he proved nothing in college and was injury prone. What about AJ Brown? Because he played 90% of his snaps out of the slot so it was impossible to get a good read on what he would do as an outside receiver; it was all a projection. It's not to say that they weren't deserving of 1st round grades in my eyes, they were, but not top 10. Not then and not now. It's easy to jump up and say "look at what Metcalf and Brown are doing versus Williams" when two of those players are on playoff teams with talent littered around them vs one who didn't have a stellar season. The cream always rises to the top, and a a player's value is a derivative of the overall impact they can make in a game - both on the stat sheet and off it - year-in and year-out, not just one season. 

Final note: good teams don't require elite receivers. What they do require - and what I agree with you with - is good line play. Good OT > elite WR every day of the week. 

Rant over

I analyze players all the time. I never “bandwagon” off your comments. I’ll agree with them and say my thoughts as well when I do agree with them. When I disagree with you I’m not scared to say it like some on here. But fact is you don’t value WR and I do. That’s not going to change. So it is what it is.

On 1/15/2020 at 11:23 PM, rampantjet said:

Resignings:

Robby Anderson:  I have really gone back and forth on this one.  Part of me doesn't think he is really worth the money, but in reality I think the biggest problem for him is that he is the clear number 1 guy, and he really isn't that guy.  If we can put other weapons around him he can help this offense a ton by consistently taking the top off.  We pay him 12 mill per for 3 years. - I hope not, he is not a #1 WR and thats what we need.  I think in the stacked draft we could get a second round guy who is just as good.

Brian Poole:  Guy earned it this year.  With how rough our CB situation is we need to keep any positive part of our CB corps.  We give him 10 mill per over 3 - Agree, hope we can get him a little cheaper, maybe $8 per for 3 yrs.

Alex Lewis:  Good enough to bring back as a back up OG.  If we go into the season planning on him starting it will be a bad sign, but as a 2 position back up i like how we are sitting.  2.5 mill for 2 years - 

Jordan Jenkins:  Don't love it but he has been at least ok for us.  He gets 10 mill per since the edge market is nuts.  100% agree

Kelvin Beachum:  We resign him to a 2 year deal with an out after 1 year.  He starts for us at LT next year which will give any OT we draft a year to learn at RT before moving to LT next year.  He isn't my favorite, but i don't savor the idea of throwing Sam to the wolves with a rookie on his blind side next year.  10 mill per - This hurts my soul, but I understand the idea, I would hope he doesn't get $10, maybe $8 year 1 and $11 year 2 and if he earns a second year great.

FA:

Graham Glasgow C:  He can play C or OG at a fairly high level.  He might not be an all pro but he is a big upgrade over what we have had.  Also his position flexibility gives us the ability to take the best OL that falls to us in the draft.  We give him 10 mill per for 4 years with possible out after 2 years.  I would prefer an OT like Conklin even if we have to make him the highest paid OT in football.  I think its harder to get OT than OG.

Byron Jones CB:  I feel like this will be our other big spending move.  It will give us 1 legit CB, and we can give Bless and a few other youngsters the chance to win the #2 spot.  If Bless can develop Byron, Bless and Brian can be a nice top 3, add in our safeties and we could have a decent secondary.  He gets 16 mill per for 4 years.  - He's on my wish list also, I would love if this happened.

I wanted to be conservative and if anything over pay guys as opposed to underpaying everyone and making this unrealistic. 

It was tough for me to pass on Jeudy, but being able to trade down and still get a top notch OT prospect,  and get another swing at the plate in a deep second round made me go that way. 

I am growing more confident that Bell will be offloaded.  If we get a 3rd out of him I'll be ecstatic,  if we get a 4th I'll still be pretty excited.   He just seems pretty done to me.