Way to early mock just for fun

rampantjet

11 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I wanted to be conservative and if anything over pay guys as opposed to underpaying everyone and making this unrealistic. 

It was tough for me to pass on Jeudy, but being able to trade down and still get a top notch OT prospect,  and get another swing at the plate in a deep second round made me go that way. 

I am growing more confident that Bell will be offloaded.  If we get a 3rd out of him I'll be ecstatic,  if we get a 4th I'll still be pretty excited.   He just seems pretty done to me.  

I think us trading him can go either way at this point. For me I lean more to keeping him. But unlike you, I don’t think he’s done. I want to see him behind an OL that can actually block before I say that. He’s very cut-able after this next season, so I’d give him another year. What I would do if I’m JD depending on how FA and early in the draft falls... grab a talented RB to work in with Bell in that 3rd or 4th Round if a guy falls (a guy I really in that area is Cam Akers).

59 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Sorry but you lost me when you drop 10 picks for a 2nd round pick. You better add more to that trade or it is a steal for the eagles. 

Ya on the trade chart (which isn’t 100% accurate but is a starting point). We do get screwed on that deal.

Our 11th pick is worth 1250, Eagles 21st pick is 800. Their 2nd rounder is worth 370. Still leaving us 80 shy. Which to make it a good trade would mean they’d have to give up their 4th (worth 60) and that still leaves us shy. Maybe a 6th as well. 

We’d really be getting screwed for just a mid/late 2nd to move out of the top 11 down 10 picks to 21. Also that can put us in no mans land. What if Becton goes in those 10 picks. I’m not that high on Jackson after seeing him destroyed by Epenesa in the bowl game. So then what do we do?

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think us trading him can go either way at this point. For me I lean more to keeping him. But unlike you, I don’t think he’s done. I want to see him behind an OL that can actually block before I say that. He’s very cut-able after this next season, so I’d give him another year. What I would do if I’m JD depending on how FA and early in the draft falls... grab a talented RB to work in with Bell in that 3rd or 4th Round if a guy falls (a guy I really in that area is Cam Akers).

Was our OL good last year?  Not in any way shape or form.  It was flat out terrible.  So I don't place a lot of Bell's stats on Bell.... HOWEVER, he is being paid the amount that you pay a massive difference maker.  He is the 3rd highest paid RB in the league.  When you are paid like that I expect you to at least make some place to make the OL look better than it is.  I don't expect 5 ypc behind this line, but at least performing around average behind a terrible OL is a must.  I honestly think he can still be good behind a good OL due to his vision, but his running style actually made out OL look worse last year, because he was sitting in the backfield waiting for the perfect hole for days at a time.  The 3rd highest paid RB in the league shouldn't be less efficient than Bilal Powell behind the same terrible OL.  

Side note.  I don't think any RB is worth that much money.  I think most RB's, at least from a pure running standpoint are so dependent on their line that it doesn't make sense to pay them big money.  Look at Gurley, terrible behind a bad OL then they got a top 5 OL in the league and he lit the world on fire, bad OL this year, back to being inefficient.  

12 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Sorry but you lost me when you drop 10 picks for a 2nd round pick. You better add more to that trade or it is a steal for the eagles. 

Ya once again i was being conservative.  It would be great if we got tons of picks for a trade back, but that is rarely realistic.  The trade value chart has a 450 point difference between pick 11 and pick 21.  Philly's 2nd rounder is worth 370.  So ya we lost out on maybe an extra 4th rounder, but i decided to just put the 2nd rounder on there and call it good.  

Generally I’d be against taking a WR with the 11th pick. I also think Jeudy had too many drops this season, so I would probably pass on him as well ( However I did see a mock draft that had us take Lamb, Prince Wanagho in 2nd and Center, Nick Harris and Edge Josh Uche in 3rd. I wouldn’t be too upset with something like that.)

Regarding WRs, last year is a perfect example of good receivers taken throughout the draft. Marquise Brown was first off the board at 25. The second round had Deebo Samuel, Hardman,  AJ and DK, followed in the 3rd by Diontae Johnson and Terry McLaurin; Renfro and Slayton  in the 5Th, Kevin Harmon in the 6th and UDFA Steve Sims finished strong and UDFA, Preston Williams was impressive before being injured mid season.

Edited by Rich51