Arrest warrant issued for OBJ (Hitting a cops butt in the LSU locker room)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, YogiBiz said:

He was just a security officer.

It must also be hard to understand that, "let me reach for one of deadliest weapons ever created by humanity, cause I got smacked in the butt, playfully". Is not a humane response. Plain & Simple.

How hard is to understand he over reacted, and he is still over reacting. 

People do have to be justified in their actions to commit those actions.  Is punching your wife in the face because she burned dinner a justified response?  No but does it happen?  Yes.  The security guard has every right to not be touched.  The incident on video OBJ was in the wrong.  The NFL probably would have fined him regardless.  If he smacked another player on the butt then fine but just because you are in a locker room does not make you fair game to be treated the way the players choose to treat each other.  If nothing else it is disrespectful.  There are a lot of people in this world that if you come up from behind them and smack their butt you are at the very least going to fight.  Some people do not like to be touched and that is their right.  Like it or not the court will side with the security guard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

People do have to be justified in their actions to commit those actions.  Is punching your wife in the face because she burned dinner a justified response?  No but does it happen?  Yes.  The security guard has every right to not be touched.  The incident on video OBJ was in the wrong.  The NFL probably would have fined him regardless.  If he smacked another player on the butt then fine but just because you are in a locker room does not make you fair game to be treated the way the players choose to treat each other.  If nothing else it is disrespectful.  There are a lot of people in this world that if you come up from behind them and smack their butt you are at the very least going to fight.  Some people do not like to be touched and that is their right.  Like it or not the court will side with the security guard.

I never said he wasn't in the wrong, but this is a non-issue. 

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Worse, delicious fruity drinks with like 8 shots of rum in them that you can drink on the street.

True story, I made my oldest nearly cry because he thought I’d get too wasted off a Hurricane and leave him on Bourbon street.

No faith in the old man I tell ya...

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

True story, I made my oldest nearly cry because he thought I’d get too wasted off a Hurricane and leave him on Bourbon street.

No faith in the old man I tell ya...

True story, my girlfriend at the time got so wasted on hurricanes/hand grenades that she almost got arrested for petting a horse. 

• Like 1

I actually disagree a bit that this is a complete non-issue. Would feelings be different in here if the officer was a woman? Men have the right to be free of unwanted touching. I don’t think it’s serious personally, but legally he 100 percent has a case (evidenced by the warrant).

Also just why even poke that dragon. An officer in uniform who clearly has a bone to pick and you’re going to instigate something ? Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Seems unnecessary, horses prolly like pets too.

Agreed. It was a mounted cop's horse. I almost wrote "the horse was a cop", but that statement is so stupid I can't take it seriously. The issue was resolved when the cop involved realized he couldn't arrest her because there are no laws in New Orleans.

• Like 3

Everyone in this topic needs to read the NFL News forum guidelines.  

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/163-additional-guidelines-for-posting-in-the-nfl-news-forum/

Guidelines for submitting a reply: 

• Only reply if you have something meaningful to add. One or two word posts, such as ‘Cool’ or ‘Bad trade’, don’t add anything to the news topics.  Don't post jokes and memes.
  • Keep replies on topic. Reply with your opinion on how the news affects the player or team. Don’t reply with your general opinion on said player or team. For example, if the Cowboys make a trade, a quality response would be ‘this is a bad trade for the Cowboys because….’ A poor reply would be ‘I hate the Cowboys’.
  • Focus on football.  If a player is arrested, the discussion should be about a possible suspension and how the team will handle it.  Members should not discuss crime and punishment, their own legal problems, politics or anything else off-topic.

•