UPDATE ON BOOTYGATE: Charges Dropped vs OBJ

candyman93

As for the incident at hand, it’s not a huge deal but also not a good look. All in all, this is what entitlement gets you. You think you are such a big icon that an authority figure doesn’t prevent you from slapping him on the butt. It’s annoying but not the straw that broke the camels back by any means.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ReggieCamp said:

Other than the cop comment, I'd have to agree with BayRaider.  OBJ is slowly entering psycho territory.

I'm not saying he's destined for AB part deux, but the smoke is billowing.

The guy was enjoying his favorite team winning the title. As long as hes not flipping cars and setting couches on fire what’s wrong with some harmless celebrating?

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

If you have the experience to say that there are more bad ones than good ones, you are probably a troublemaker whose opinion I don’t care to hear on the subject.

Never been arrested in my life or been in trouble with the law in any way. I’m also known as one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet, constantly diffuse situations, and always a designated driver for my friends. 

So, no. I’m extremely respectful of the law with a very respectful attitude.

Nice to generalize though. Case and point. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Never been arrested in my life or been in trouble with the law in any way. I’m also known as one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet, constantly diffuse situations, and always a designated driver for my friends. 

So, no. I’m extremely respectful of the law with a very respectful attitude.

Nice to generalize though. Case and point. 

There has to be some explanation for how you are dead wrong on the subject then. Beyond what you call a generalization. It’s a pretty strong statement to say that there are more bad cops then good ones. Approximately how many cops have you interacted with? 10? 20? Let’s say it’s 20 and in your opinion 11 of them are rude and disrespectful. First of all, that could have been your interpretation or one bad moment for that person. Like you haven’t had one. Secondly, there are hundreds of thousands of cops around the country. So the handful that you have interacted with does not make you a subject matter expert on the greater population.

Edited by NateDawg

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

There has to be some explanation for how you are dead wrong on the subject then. Beyond what you call a generalization. It’s a pretty strong statement to say that there are more bad cops then good ones. Approximately how many cops have you interacted with? 10? 20? Let’s say it’s 20 and in your opinion 11 of them are rude and disrespectful. First of all, that could have been your interpretation or one bad moment for that person. Like you haven’t had one. Secondly, there are hundreds of thousands of cops around the country. So the handful that you have interacted with does not make you a subject matter expert on the greater population.

You are correct. My experiences have been a small sample size. I think California just has the most corrupt politicians and police officers may also play a role. Most corrupt politicians for sure. 

One example would be me driving at 3am (I get off work late), I get pulled over for literally no reason other than driving late and this cop is bored. I do not look like a trouble maker at all, clean cut, in my 30’s, and wearing a suit. 

The cop badgers me the whole time and made me fear for my life. He asked me four times if I had weapons in the car, had his hand on the gun the entire time and flinched 3-4 times like he was gonna shoot me because I was “nervous”. He asked me why I am nervous like 3 times, I said cause “I’ve never been in trouble before sir”. He kept going on about me being nervous like WTF, and kept flinching like he was scared of me. Mind you, my hands are on the steering wheel the ENTIRE time. 

I met him with respect, constant sirs and polite attitude. I finally got tired of his attitude and asked him if he wanted to search my car. He said no and took off. 

I thought I was gonna die for a second. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Here’s what happens in Brownie Mans world:

1. Trade OBJ for peanuts.

2. OBJ blows up like Randy Moss did for New England.

3. bUt CUltuRe!!1!!

Man call it what you want 

There’s a reason Odell was traded in the first place 

I’m not saying he can’t be good. 

but for a young team that’s trying to build a culture he’s not the leader we need 

maybe he can go to an established team like the Patriots and be successful but right now for us and bringing in Stefanski he’s probably going to do more harm than good

he literally makes dumb decisions on a weekly basis and then complains how the media is out for him 

hes either playing the victim or literally out of his mind 

either way it’s not good for us

I know people think cutting him is going overboard

but hear me out. If we are going to be out in a bad position the right move is to cut him before Free Agency that way we can go into it knowing what cap room we will have and money we have to spend

if we cut Odell but can then just that Money to help sign a Anthony Harris and/or a Brandon Schreff than yes you lose a player but you also do get one back. You just have to mentally take out the missing a pick aspect out of your thinking.  

right now a Anthony Harris, Jack Conklin, Brandon Schreff probably makes a more significant impact than an injured Odell

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

right now a Anthony Harris, Jack Conklin, Brandon Schreff probably makes a more significant impact than an injured Odell

If I’m a player, why would I play for a team that just cut OBJ? It’s 2020.

We are not the only team with cap space. Plenty of other good options.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You are correct. My experiences have been a small sample size. I think California just has the most corrupt politicians and police officers may also play a role. Most corrupt politicians for sure. 

One example would be me driving at 3am (I get off work late), I get pulled over for literally no reason other than driving late and this cop is bored. I do not look like a trouble maker at all, clean cut, in my 30’s, and wearing a suit. 

The cop badgers me the whole time and made me fear for my life. He asked me four times if I had weapons in the car, had his hand on the gun the entire time and flinched 3-4 times like he was gonna shoot me because I was “nervous”. He asked me why I am nervous like 3 times, I said cause “I’ve never been in trouble before sir”. He kept going on about me being nervous like WTF, and kept flinching like he was scared of me. Mind you, my hands are on the steering wheel the ENTIRE time. 

I met him with respect, constant sirs and polite attitude. I finally got tired of his attitude and asked him if he wanted to search my car. He said no and took off. 

I thought I was gonna die for a second. 

Sounds like a bad experience. Maybe that cop has been through some **** that has stuck with him and he is too scared to be doing the job effectively anymore. Maybe he’s just a bad cop. I don’t know. I do know there are some bad cops out there and most of them are quality people. I know that most of them experience the same real world problems that the rest of society experiences but they are viewed on a higher pedestal and scrutinized more heavily. Which is fair, because they are an authority figure. Ultimately, they sign up to run towards the gunfire while the rest of you are running away. So unless you are willing to suit up, the scrutiny and generalizations only mean so much. Not trying to downplay your bad experience, but you also have a limited scope.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Sounds like a bad experience. Maybe that cop has been through some **** that has stuck with him and he is too scared to be doing the job effectively anymore. Maybe he’s just a bad cop. I don’t know. I do know there are some bad cops out there and most of them are quality people. I know that most of them experience the same real world problems that the rest of society experiences but they are viewed on a higher pedestal and scrutinized more heavily. Which is fair, because they are an authority figure. Ultimately, they sign up to run towards the gunfire while the rest of you are running away. So unless you are willing to suit up, the scrutiny and generalizations only mean so much. Not trying to downplay your bad experience, but you also have a limited scope.

Good post. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

34 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

As for the incident at hand, it’s not a huge deal but also not a good look. All in all, this is what entitlement gets you. You think you are such a big icon that an authority figure doesn’t prevent you from slapping him on the butt. It’s annoying but not the straw that broke the camels back by any means.

31 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not going or read these posts, but I’m pretty sure it’s just one cop sticking up for another because they’re all fascist animals looking to kill people and put out cigars in locker rooms and not have their butts slapped by seksy mens.

I will not stand for it.

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!!

giphy.gif 

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 3