quaint seaside village mafia “Town wins. Josh draws short straw”

wolfeyestrk

27 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

This game was basically me getting mollywhopped because I needed help. lol. I hate everything

Hey man, you were put in a REALLY tough spot early, and I don't envy you. You going after Touch/Malf for the early conversion was a good move from a "they're really good" standpoint. That said, if you are scum/cult in a conversion mode (not that @Matts4313 cares about what I think), I'd understand that you will likely be targeting someone who will be watched. If I'm Town, I almost always invest in one of Dome/Malf/Touch/Swag N1 and Matts/one of the twins N2 after gauging the meta/fallout from N1. Most when they are town want to clear/red letter these guys ASAP because they're really good and see who else wants to take them out as well.

I'd recommend trying to choose someone who won't draw an invest that also is a good player if possible (BCB, Rack, Squire are all super good/underrated players for some reason don't get as much of their due as they should), or just completely going off the wall on someone YOU KNOW won't be invested.

That said, keep playing! You're doing fine, especially for a newbie. :)

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hey man, you were put in a REALLY tough spot early, and I don't envy you. You going after Touch/Malf for the early conversion was a good move from a "they're really good" standpoint. That said, if you are scum/cult in a conversion mode (not that @Matts4313 cares about what I think), I'd understand that you will likely be targeting someone who will be watched. If I'm Town, I almost always invest in one of Dome/Malf/Touch/Swag N1 and Matts/one of the twins N2 after gauging the meta/fallout from N1. Most when they are town want to clear/red letter these guys ASAP because they're really good and see who else wants to take them out as well.

I'd recommend trying to choose someone who won't draw an invest that also is a good player if possible (BCB, Rack, Squire are all super good/underrated players for some reason don't get as much of their due as they should), or just completely going off the wall on someone YOU KNOW won't be invested.

That said, keep playing! You're doing fine, especially for a newbie. :)

Nah, I said the same thing. Go after mid tier, imo

• Like 1

The thing about it is, Malf does a really good job of getting thread-cred. But he is a terrible scummate because he gets invested too often. 

The better option is to go for people who can game solve, wont get themselves lynched or investigated. Someone like a squire or racks. They arent going to say anything stupid and they are experienced enough to help coordinate all the behind the scenes stuff. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

The thing about it is, Malf does a really good job of getting thread-cred. But he is a terrible scummate because he gets invested too often. 

He also prides himself on being "first one out" for the faction and throwing himself on the grenade.

The better option is to go for people who can game solve, wont get themselves lynched or investigated. Someone like a squire or racks. They arent going to say anything stupid and they are experienced enough to help coordinate all the behind the scenes stuff. 

Us converting Rack after he killed me in thread was absolutely clutch for that reason. 

For the life of me, I don't know why those two, as well as BCB, are so criminally underrated. Their rationale in walking you through things in chatty and seeing the big picture are fantastic.

Being on the same team as @Forge is always a blast because we play this game similarly...to have as much fun and cause as much confusion/chaos as possible (also why I enjoy(ed) being scum with you). Whicker and I also play off of each other, and he's a lot of fun to be scum with (twice now, as well as squire twice). I've been scum with Dome and Touch as well (also great), and haven't with Malf or SwAg yet. I think Orca and I have been scum together like 4 times, making for hilarious thread interaction IMO.

9 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I was a PGO with a fake investment claim I thought I’d get a quick scum kill and then back off of it. I could decide to set a trap or not set one. This works too.

Not the best way to go about drawing a hit. If you were not mafia they would just leave you alone unless you successfully claimed correctly. If wrong they will leave you alone and just push you. At the same time you would have drawn civs using moves on you due to how erratic the claim was with lacking timing and actual intent. Potentially would have been more deteimental

13 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

You know why Orca liked your post? 

I think it was Gopher's world mafia where i got him lynched because of my crackpot conspiracy and went on to nail like 3/4 of them to the wall. Probably my best game on this forum even though the ending didn't land. 

I rotate between stupid mafia gambles and normal calculative mafia play, death note being one of my better games along with GOT mafia ****show that it was being my best mafia game here. 

Yeah I tried something about killing Thanos as my WC and got myself lynched so I could kill someone I thought was mafia, I killed captain america instead.

Props to racks for having a detailed OP on that one. 

Bcb was the driving force, you sealed the deal that game. Still annoyed that Gopher gave town the names of the entire mafia lmao

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Orca said:

Not the best way to go about drawing a hit. If you were not mafia they would just leave you alone unless you successfully claimed correctly.

All of this is fair, but in my defense, I was counting on two factions. I figured that those two factions would assume that you were with the other.

16 hours ago, The Orca said:

If wrong they will leave you alone and just push you. At the same time you would have drawn civs using moves on you due to how erratic the claim was with lacking timing and actual intent. Potentially would have been more deteimental

Yeah, I was going to come out and fess up the next day no matter what. I tried swaying ET from going/visiting me, and I used the word "paranoid" at least 5 times.