2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

50 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

get Douglas on the phone, the Jets have 2 3rd round picks. could be willing to part with their 2nd round pick.

pretty please?

We normally wait a while to apply the franchise tag. I have a feeling there could already be discussions with a team in the advanced stages. 

2 hours ago, berlin calling said:

Like Osemele turned out Ravens did a great job not paying up to desperate teams offering those guys (formely) top3 money

Wagner gave the Lions two solid seasons before having a down 2019, he was overpaid but he gave the Lions decent value. 

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Highest I'd add to that deal is a 5th.

Yea, if we were to trade for him, that would imply a plan to give him a market value contract. Given his age and stats, that's going to be 5 years at around 20M per, and I'm not interested.

I think this fanbase, speaking generally, is underrating the idea of just letting Judon play the 2020 season on the tag. 16M is perfectly fine for getting his age 28 season. Just freeing up $16M in cap space I don't think will give us currency to provide more value than Judon in his current role. 

42 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Yea, if we were to trade for him, that would imply a plan to give him a market value contract. Given his age and stats, that's going to be 5 years at around 20M per, and I'm not interested.

I think this fanbase, speaking generally, is underrating the idea of just letting Judon play the 2020 season on the tag. 16M is perfectly fine for getting his age 28 season. Just freeing up $16M in cap space I don't think will give us currency to provide more value than Judon in his current role. 

I haven’t necessarily been all-in on this option, but it’s one that I’ve been vocal about being among are better options. 

His age-28 season should be smack in the middle of his prime. Give us a year to get more in the pipeline for the future. Still get a 3/4th round comp next offseason. 

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Its good value for sure. I'm just not the biggest Judon fan. I'd rather deal him and build through the draft but I totally get that we need bodies on the edge and he's above average. 

I'd bring Suggs back for a final year. He can set the edge and still add some pressure. I liked what I seen from Bowser and Ferguson. 

I wonder what Derek Wolfes market value is? Dante Fowler too. Either way, free agency is going to be fun. Interested to see how we navigate through it. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

I'd counter that signing a guy for 5 years/$20 mil per is actually much better, because the first two seasons of that the cap will be artificially low as the bonus is spread out across the whole contract. Paying $16 million straight up for one season of a player is not as good as signing a guy for $20 mil per year, because with the $20 mil player, you can cut him in the last years of the contract, and the salary cap will continually go up. You end up saving money when the cap is lower, and you gain flexibility later on whether to keep him or cut him. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'd counter that signing a guy for 5 years/$20 mil per is actually much better, because the first two seasons of that the cap will be artificially low as the bonus is spread out across the whole contract. Paying $16 million straight up for one season of a player is not as good as signing a guy for $20 mil per year, because with the $20 mil player, you can cut him in the last years of the contract, and the salary cap will continually go up. You end up saving money when the cap is lower, and you gain flexibility later on whether to keep him or cut him. 

Agree completely. What’s more we can’t ignore the fact that for the right player (one we’re sure is going to be a great fit) we could roll a bit more of that money upfront a little bit so as to keep the cap hit lower for when Lamar Jackson hits free agency, whereas the Judon deal would just be prolonging the inevitable. We know he’s not good enough to really trust to a legit deal, but we can’t leave a huge void either.

Would much rather we just double dip at edge in the draft and play the law of averages that between Bowser, Ferguson, two draft picks, and the likely UDFA talents we would attract... along with blitzing 50% of the time... that we could scheme up some production.