2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

Seems most likely this isn't with us... the Campbell trade has seemingly been agreed to for a while awaiting the CBA being ratified, so any other announcements of business between the two teams would have seemingly come at the same time the Campbell trade was done.

BUT

What if we've got a deal for Yannick in the works, and the hold-up on announcing anything is finding another trade partner for Judon since presumably the Jags have no use for him when they're tanking? 

• Like 1

Think that's confirmation that the injury was as bad as it sounded. If we were looking at him as having a real chance at being a starter to rely on next year, we would have given him a higher tender. Looks like it's Mekari or a FA at center moving forward, and if Skura remains a Raven and is able to work himself back into being an NFL starter that's just an added bonus rather than something we're counting on happening.  

44 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Think that's confirmation that the injury was as bad as it sounded. If we were looking at him as having a real chance at being a starter to rely on next year, we would have given him a higher tender. Looks like it's Mekari or a FA at center moving forward, and if Skura remains a Raven and is able to work himself back into being an NFL starter that's just an added bonus rather than something we're counting on happening.  

That's a fairly pessimistic outlook. I'd counter that the Ravens are going to be tight against the cap, and they know teams aren't going to make a substantial offer to Skura because they don't have any medical info on him. It's not like he's a free agent they can bring in and do a full medical eval on him, because he is under Raven control. They would be bidding on him completely blind. 

So I look at this as a calculated risk, knowing teams will not be offering much guaranteed money to a guy coming off an injury without knowledge of that injury.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

That's a fairly pessimistic outlook. I'd counter that the Ravens are going to be tight against the cap, and they know teams aren't going to make a substantial offer to Skura because they don't have any medical info on him. It's not like he's a free agent they can bring in and do a full medical eval on him, because he is under Raven control. They would be bidding on him completely blind. 

So I look at this as a calculated risk, knowing teams will not be offering much guaranteed money to a guy coming off an injury without knowledge of that injury.  

Agreed. He would have been an extension candidate but for his injury. I think this is more about exactly what you're saying, no team is going to offer him the type of deal that would cause the Ravens not to match. Further, I doubt he's going to want to settle for what the market is offering him now.

32 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Pretty much what we all thought. Bynes and McPhee are important resigns. 

I'm not big on signing McPhee because he can't stay healthy. 

2016: 9 games, 25% of defensive snaps, started on PUP

2017: 13 games, 36% of snaps, started on PUP, finishes on IR

2018: 13 games, 19% of snaps, 

2019: 7 games, 27% of snaps, IR

I think we should invest in players who have a reasonable chance at being healthy for the playoffs. We need players who will be in peak condition at the end of the season. Having a guy like McPhee who will flash in the regular season and then go away is worse than having a reliable guy who will be there when we are trying to win the Super Bowl.