2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

2 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

i want to know what we're gonna do with Judon? And what does that say since he hasn't been moved yet? Ton of trades are happening and I don't hear anything about Judon. Are we gonna get a deal done with him or what, I wonder?

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see him play on the tag this year honestly 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see him play on the tag this year honestly 

I was hoping that wasn't the case. I wish he would be signed long term or outta here. I feel we could be doing greater moves with some of that franchise tag cap relief.

2 hours ago, Danand said:

Once our oline goes from one of the best in the league to average, and we can't run the ball like we want to, we can't convert 4th and short and we can't stop pressure up the middle, then people will wonder what happened and complain.

Underestimating the importance of talent on the oline is stupid, everyone should know that by know. We can hope, that Bozeman, Mekari and Powers can do a good job, but do we really want to take that chance?

I don't want another 2013 season with a Gino Gradkowski starter.

Not what I'm suggesting or doing in any way whatsoever. My point is more that we have the players in place to field an OLine without having to rely on the Gino Gradkowski's of the world. I'm certainly a proponent of adding to what we have in place to supplement and invest in the future of the unit. My mocks and targets I've discussed make that abundantly clear. That all said, there's no reason to freak out less than 24-hours into the offseason

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Even though he was suspended the first 4 games, I would’ve kept Hurst.

Think there was value in keeping a guy who could have honestly played 3 positions on the Oline at least decently in a pinch. 

Oh well, better be getting some Olinemen in the draft or FA

I wonder if he might not be a player that, similar to (was it) Albert McLellan where we released him and brought him back a few times in the mid 2010s. Hurst has been in our system for some time and with his ruling he’s not someone that is going to attract attention from the rest of the league for some time. I think its a situation where we likely go to him and say “stay healthy because in a pinch during the season, we anticipate resigning you” and unless another team swoops in and signs him, he will be back on our roster at some point. That’s how I view this move anyway. We ensure that we don’t HAVE to pay him unless we need him and even then can pay him some sort of veteran minimum salary most likely. But Hurst still gets to make quality money in the event of an injury to our line... which in the NFL is almost a guarantee most years in some capacity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I wonder if he might not be a player that, similar to (was it) Albert McLellan where we released him and brought him back a few times in the mid 2010s. Hurst has been in our system for some time and with his ruling he’s not someone that is going to attract attention from the rest of the league for some time. I think its a situation where we likely go to him and say “stay healthy because in a pinch during the season, we anticipate resigning you” and unless another team swoops in and signs him, he will be back on our roster at some point. That’s how I view this move anyway. We ensure that we don’t HAVE to pay him unless we need him and even then can pay him some sort of veteran minimum salary most likely. But Hurst still gets to make quality money in the event of an injury to our line... which in the NFL is almost a guarantee most years in some capacity.

Yeah, good point. Could see that being the case depending on the draft/injury situation early in training camp.

34 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Which is probably less likely now given his suspension. Not sure I see a ton of teams who would sign him looking forward to getting him back in week 5.

20 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

So that’s one less team taking a WR in front of us. Unless Minnesota goes right back for a younger prospect 

Cardinals aren't taking one either now, so 2 teams. 

BTW, I generally liked what the Bills were building and I like Josh Allen, but that Diggs trade was stupid. 

• Like 2