2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

This is a great example of why so much investing was needed. 

You have Judon getting blocked by a Tight End. Ferguson is controlled by the LT, then buried by help. And Williams doesn't have the length or athleticism to defeat the single block and or strap down Wilson before he breaks the pocket. While Ward is a non factor.

Calais alone would've changed this play. Then you add in Brockers, and whoever else we'll add.  

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Looks like Bynes wants a little more than 930,000 he played for last year lol. Can't blame him. 30 years old, and coming off of a great season. Probably wants to parlay that into as much as he can.

Hopefully we can still bring him back, but it doesn't look like that's the easy signing it was projected to be. Damn these players knowing their worth.

Silver lining, if he gets more he’s likely eligible for the comp pick formula. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Please. Please. Please.

Yeah I’m for sure down for taking a 3rd round pick for him as it’s both immediate, we don’t have to worry about him hitting some sort of play time or sign a ground breaking deal, and the pick would be higher than any comp pick we might receive. It obviously wouldn’t be the 2nd rounder that we might’ve wanted, but it would certainly be better than nothing and better than paying a non-star, playmaking type of money.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah I’m for sure down for taking a 3rd round pick for him as it’s both immediate, we don’t have to worry about him hitting some sort of play time or sign a ground breaking deal, and the pick would be higher than any comp pick we might receive. It obviously wouldn’t be the 2nd rounder that we might’ve wanted, but it would certainly be better than nothing and better than paying a non-star, playmaking type of money.

That's where I'm at too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coordinator0 said:

I really don't understand this. On a scale from 1-10, Carr is a 6-7 on very play in every game. Always available, would cover several positions and can do it all to an above average level.

7 minutes ago, Danand said:

I really don't understand this. On a scale from 1-10, Carr is a 6-7 on very play in every game. Always available, would cover several positions and can do it all to an above average level.

It’s all about that $6m price tag

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Fowler to the Falcons. 

Seahawks might be on the verge of making a trade for Ngakoue.

So at this point it really is the Clowney moonshot or sticking with Judon. 

I could see a world in which they still trade Judon, sign a guy with untapped potential like Floyd and draft an EDGE high. Not sure that's my preferred route, but it's a route.

Right now, I think I'm in the let Judon play on the tag camp and draft an EDGE/OLB ideally in rounds 1 or 2, but I could be convinced/be okay with multiple approaches depending on how they play out.

I think I'm most opposed to signing Judon for 5 or 6 years at market for a premier pass rusher. Now, if we could get something in the 10-12 range, I wouldn't be so upset as that represents somewhat of a bargain.

Edited by sp6488
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Floyd just got signed by the Rams. $10 million rising to $13 million depending on incentives. Definitely not really enough of a bargain to go in on that compared to just sticking with Judon. 

Yea I saw that. I can’t imagine that’s too different from the option he was set to play on. Unless bears needed the space immediately I would think they could have gotten a 6th or 7th for him. 

I know some of us had talked about Fowler as a good option if we traded Judon, in order to save a little money and potentially be able to make another move with the money Judon is taking up. 

Turns out Fowler just got 3 years, $48 million, or $16 mill per year. Obviously could have been structured to create more immediate space but on the whole doesn't look like he was the cheaper option we had maybe thought he could be. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Is this true? I thought it was fine to trade them this whole time. It would be great if we've been sitting on a deal.

My initial thought would be no, since any trade could be announced the same way every FA deal that's been reported doesn't actually become official till 4pm today. But I guess we'll find out soon.