2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

12 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

This would play into the Lamar Jackson contract perfectly. 3 yrs/$60m deal, perhaps with the 3rd year being a player option, so Clowney could still parlay any success into a big deal if he wants to move on or continue to negotiate a potential extension if we want to make him a legit cornerstone option. But to obviously keep it somewhat Ravens friendly it could be something like 2 yrs/$36m, with the 3rd year salary at $24m. Which means we could keep the salary low enough this season to account for the lack of increased cap space. Perhaps do a $20m signing bonus and a roster bonus of $10m on year 3 if he opts in. Something like that.

... we just need to find someone to unload Judon off onto. I know no team is going to give a 2nd round pick straight up, however perhaps we might be able to convince Seattle to part with their 64th pick if we give them a 4th (and possibly 5th) round pick in return. Which might put Judon’s value closer to a 3rd round pick, while still allowing us to have an additional top 100 pick; bringing us to 5 picks in that range. We’d have to anticipate hitting on at least 3 players given that kind of ammunition and the Ravens draft record.

• Like 1

Also, that's a pretty good deal for Minnesota with Pierce. I think he fits pretty well as a NG in a 4-man set too. Just have to hope he keeps himself in shape, what a vast difference that makes in his case. Didn't see this in here yet either:

I like it. Roberts wasn't bad for the Ravens last year, but definitely didn't add a whole lot to the passing game either. Get more play-makers on the field.

8 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

^^^I think Judon will accept a trade anywhere where a club is willing to give him legit money longer term. And I don't see why a team would trade for him if they weren't willing to do just that.

That logic could be used for any tagged player, though, no?

Just now, sp6488 said:

That logic could be used for any tagged player, though, no?

Not necessarily. I don't think all players value deal length the same. If you're a young truly elite guy, you might want a stacked shorter deal that lets you hit the market again. Whereas a simply above average guy in his late 20s coming off of a possible career year like Judon, who was a small school late round pick, would want more security and long term assurance. 

8 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Not necessarily. I don't think all players value deal length the same. If you're a young truly elite guy, you might want a stacked shorter deal that lets you hit the market again. Whereas a simply above average guy in his late 20s coming off of a possible career year like Judon, who was a small school late round pick, would want more security and long term assurance. 

My bad, I read your comment to mean "why would another team trade for and give a long-term deal to Judon if the Ravens would not?"

• Like 1