2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

The top two options for edge help are still on the market - whether it's signing Clowney or trading for Ngakoue. Does anybody still think either is likely? I would rather the team just sign the former rather than give up assets for the latter and then also sign him to a new deal, but I don't think it will happen. 

After those two the options are pretty slim. Lots of guys in their 30's, and maybe only Everson Griffen among them as someone you might have any real faith in being decent. Sheard is just okay. A couple of younger options are Markus Golden and Jordan Jenkins. I'm kind of surprised some team hasn't thrown a bag of money their way yet so it makes you wonder why that hasn't happened. 

Or they just keep Judon and give him a new deal because playing under the tag and it's cap hit is far from ideal. What's the course?

42 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I think the running game is pretty alright with what it's got in the stables. Spread that money around elsewhere.

Yea, if we add another back, I would prefer it to be a draftee who (1) is young and cost-controlled (by virtue of being a drafted rookie) for long-term talent pipeline at the position and (2) ideally provides something in the return and receiving games. Gurley has been a good receiver in the past, but I doubt he's going to add as much as a receiving threat with the injuries he's sustained (particularly not for the price he will command).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Yea, if we add another back, I would prefer it to be a draftee who (1) is young and cost-controlled (by virtue of being a drafted rookie) for long-term talent pipeline at the position and (2) ideally provides something in the return and receiving games. Gurley has been a good receiver in the past, but I doubt he's going to add as much as a receiving threat with the injuries he's sustained (particularly not for the price he will command).

Pretty much agree with everything you've said. Seriously though, I just want to see Ingram, Lamar and Gurley line up in the same backfield for the other D to be like "wtf"... Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

We tried getting him last year, he chose the Rams. He's still got some juice. 

This has Ravens written all over it. Could be a could veteran presence to add to the rotation at ILB and provide value on early downs and blitzing.