2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

3 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Worth noting that this has crept down and is now a deal of $2.25M (Andrew Sendejo). Peanut and even more likely Bynes may never qualify, but it's looking much more possible than a couple of days ago.

https://overthecap.com/draft/

Right, but it's still a ways below the 32nd compensatory pick. Jernigan at $3.75 million occupies that slot (not sure what went into that deal leapfrogging Finney's at $4 million). Even if Onwuasor's deal made it into the "counting" category I wouldn't expect the Ravens to get anything out of it.

i mean... intend should be to win now. add pieces to slam KC and beat any NFC team showing up to the SB.

is Adams the4 guy to put us over the top? he is a top talent for sure, but the secondary is set.
if only EDC would have been blunt enough to call BOB and ask if he could get Hopkins for a 2nd and 3rd pick. just imagine the possibilities.

2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

We showed interest last year. 

Chances are we're tapped out as far as paying the secondary goes. (Marlon will most likely get a record breaking contract next offseason) 

Hypothetically, what would you give up for Jamal? What would the Jets take? 

Matt Judon. Then sign Clowney.

• Like 2

Adams would represent an upgrade at safety, and then Clark would be moving down to a LB/dime role which would also be an upgrade in that area of the field. So the defense definitely gets better. But the Ravens are already spending a ton on the secondary. Jamal wants a big extension now and the Ravens can't afford it. Especially with Humphrey on deck for something similar next off-season. I doubt the Ravens were expressing any kind of serious interest in trading for Adams and the situation has changed since after retaining Peters and giving him a new deal.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Adams would represent an upgrade at safety, and then Clark would be moving down to a LB/dime role which would also be an upgrade in that area of the field. So the defense definitely gets better. But the Ravens are already spending a ton on the secondary. Jamal wants a big extension now and the Ravens can't afford it. Especially with Humphrey on deck for something similar next off-season. I doubt the Ravens were expressing any kind of serious interest in trading for Adams and the situation has changed since after retaining Peters and giving him a new deal.

I'd say the chances are super slim. With Marlon signing soon and the potential Lamar deal in a couple years, we really need to nail these next few drafts. 

• Like 2

I wish the original team that drafted a player could get a percentage of their later contracts to not count against the cap. A reward/bonus for identifying and then developing the talent, which would make it easier to retain guys and net bigger contracts for said players. The % of erased cap would increase with every successive round the player was drafted at. So hitting on later round players would mean that much more to a club.

Or even something a like a cap exclusion tag. Where you could designate one player to not count against the cap. I'm guessing it would be quickly called the "QB tag" ;).

Of course I want this as a fan of the Ravens, who tend to draft and develop pretty well..... Could see some enthusiasts of lesser clubs being not as into the idea.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Trey Burton cut by the Bears. Feel like he'd be a good fit sliding into Hurst's spot as a rotational TE. 

I think DeCosta would ideally like to draft a guy in the 3-5th range to stack a cheap 4-year contract that would bridge Boyle's deal expiring, Andrews getting an extension, and the team eventually drafting a #2. If the price is right, though, I wouldn't mind it. Seems like there's a few FAs available though, team may be able to be picky. He could fit that move TE role decently, though.

Edited by sp6488

3 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

With Marlon signing soon and the potential Lamar deal in a couple years, we really need to nail these next few drafts. 

Don't forget Stanley.  Its almost certain we'll need to make him the highest paid OL in the league

It's hard to complain about having to give our young franchise LT, CB, and QB record deals. Defining players at footballs' most important positions. Things will be more tight cap wise, but we've identified quite the monster core as of late. Time to do some postseason damage with them.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

It's hard to complain about having to give our young franchise LT, CB, and QB record deals. Defining players at footballs' most important positions. Things will be more tight cap wise, but we've identified quite the monster core as of late. Time to do some postseason damage with them.

Now we just need an All Pro pass rusher to complete the list of important positions that we have notched under our belt.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drd23 said:

Don't forget Stanley.  Its almost certain we'll need to make him the highest paid OL in the league

Stanley chose the right time to stay healthy and play to his potential. If he wants a record setting contract, I wouldn't be surprised to see the team keeping him on the 5th year option and then franchise tag to keep him for 6 years and maybe find a trade partner then or let him walk. He does have some injury issues in his first seasons, not anything serious, but enough to have him play at a level quite below what he did this year