2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Texans just gave Tunsil $22 mill per year. That Stanley extension is gonna be monstrous.

I hate Bill O'Brien. 

HOPEFULLY, we can get the AAV a bit lower by going longer-term. That deal is only three years. Something like $114M/6 years ($19M per season) with like $75M guaranteed, so he sees more guarantees and has more security long-term.

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

YUP! 

I get the cap is going to be going up significantly but damn. 

Actually the cap might go DOWN significantly next year. It is tied to league revenue, which might be severely affected if virus restrictions are in place in the fall. 

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Actually the cap might go DOWN significantly next year. It is tied to league revenue, which might be severely affected if virus restrictions are in place in the fall. 

I thought the NFL cap was due to go up a solid amount in the next coming years? You bring up a good point though. 

• 2 weeks later...

The article is subscription content, was more focused on the Tweet itself. Gives a little insight as to why the Saints would make that kind of a move. Warford is a good player. Slow, but good. It will be interesting to see what kind of money he gets. I would want the Ravens to go after him regardless of Fluker if they can afford it. My guess is they can't though, not without some significant cap maneuvering. Or getting extensions done with Stanley and/or Judon.

• 2 weeks later...

I love reviewing analytics and i was bored this morning sipping coffee. Took a look at next years salary cap tables. Wow... I was surprised

Without the cap going up next year, we would roughly be sitting with 60 Mill in cap space with only 2 key potential UFA’s (Judon/Stanley/Skura). They could account for 15-20 mill of that cap space pending contracts that signed. That is just a real rough estimate too. Skura is a wildcard to come back at this point. Pends all on his bounce back season and health 

Players who could be released next year

• Brandon Williams (14 Mill Cap Hit, Savings of 10 Mill) 
  • Earl Thomas (Man i hope not) (Cap hit 16 Mill, Savings of 6 Mill) 
  • Possibly savings of 20 mill (could wash the Stanley and Judon cap hits of year 1)

Still after those few items we could be sitting 40-60 Mill of cap space before a jump if there is one for salary cap 2021. Just very interesting to see the 3-4 year process of ridding bad contacts that cost us dead cap and heavily back loaded. 

Potential Players to pay early 

• Marlon Humphrey (UFA 2022) 
  • Lamar (not much more to say) (UFA 2023) 
  • Mark Andrews (UFA in 2022) 
  • Orlando Brown (UFA 2022) 

It will be nice to see us take care of our own for a change. Just still being smart and not pulling a move like the Jets paying Mosley 15-16 APY. Not saying this means we will be buying UFAs, but we are in a great position to keep this nucleus together until Lamars contract needs to be added. 

• Like 1

I have given this a lot of thought as well.

1. I think we have a core of players at the good to elite level, which we need to lock up long term in the next 1-2 years. Those are Lamar, Stanley, O. Brown, Andrews and Humphrey.

I think it would be unwise to let any of them go. I especially like the opportunity to get bookend tackles for the next 4-5 years

2. We have some veterans that I don’t see any reason to cut despite a lot of cap savings.

Brandon Williams strengths are not something that will suddenly disappear, and I would like to avoid restructuring him once again, so either let him play out his contract and see how we stand then. The same with Earl Thomas.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

@Danand

I fully agree with Brandon Williams. It would take us believing we have a solution for NT/IDL. We have some promising rookie potential there, but Madubuike could truly just replace Wolfe as DE. Don’t see him as a Williams successor. 

I know I am probably more fond of "lets go with what we got" instead of going younger just for the sake of it compared to others in here, but I could see Brandon Williams as a guy, where we let him play out his contract and let him test the market at 32. 

If the interest in a 2-down run stopper isn't that high, I could see him come back on a 2-year deal.

I can't see him falling off a cliff this or next year as he doesn't rely on speed or athleticism, so saving 5 mill. in deadmoney in 2021 compared to what he brings when he is on the field.

• Like 1