2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

Harbaugh COTY

Roman Assistant of the year

Lamar MVP

Man, if we didn't **** the bed in the playoffs this really would have been a special season for this organization (not that it already isn't, it just has a really bad taste in your mouth after the way we completely failed to show up for a home playoff game)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Man, if we didn't **** the bed in the playoffs this really would have been a special season for this organization (not that it already isn't, it just has a really bad taste in your mouth after the way we completely failed to show up for a home playoff game)

Can you imagine how bad this would've sucked if it was the 2012 core though? At least this group is crazy young.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

He's so good in coverage that the coaches took him out during passing situations, despite doing the exact opposite with Mosley one year ago. Got it. 

EDIT: Also he's so good in pass defense, the Cardinals cut him despite him costing just $1 mil against the cap. Makes sense. 

The Cardinals were a terrible team overall last season and likely that inspired them to make categorical changes everywhere outside of their truly elite players.

In terms of coverage last season we couldn’t bench Mosley because if there’s a player worse in coverage than Mosley it was overpaid Tony Jefferson. Whereas Chuck Clark had he started all season might have gotten more pro bowl type consideration. He’s one of the best dimebackers in the league on the tier below what Adams and James could provide.

edit: Whats more I doubt we should be taking our team building cues from the Arizona Cardinals. Just saying.

Edited by diamondbull424

Yeahhhhh if Chris Jones hits the market we'd better be all over that. Complete game-wrecker tonight.

We haven't had an elite interior rusher since Trevor Pryce a decade ago. Would take this unit to the next level. 

Seems more likely the Dareus/Campbell types will be the ones on our radar given the price point but if you're gonna break the bank in FA you should do it for a guy with elite skills at a premium position and Jones fits that. 

16 hours ago, drd23 said:

Two other guys from today's game that played well and might be in play: Arik Armstead (who is an UFA) and Sammy Watkins (I can't see the Chiefs keeping him at a $21m cap hit when cutting him saves $14)

Yup, I think Sammy Watkins aping with Marvin Jones Jr will be obvious targets from the front office. I think Watkins is likely the number one target, but they’ll settle for Jones if Watkins market price gets to be too hefty. Either could really help our offense, but Watkins in particular is a known option as a physical blocking WR back to his college days and has continued that trend in the pros, he’s obviously not a “diva receiver” that complains about target shares, and he’s got an obvious championship pedigree (now) that this team could really use to take us to the next level.

I’m sure we’d offer him something like 4 years, $36m, perhaps with the 4th year being a team option. Watkins I’m sure would appreciate the stability with a winning organization and quality QB option.

From there WR would be a luxury headed into the draft. Could truly allow us to focus on just the defensive side of the ball with an OL option thrown in at some point or a great value at WR.

I think if we miss out on Clowney than Watkins is likely a sure thing. But if we get Clowney then Marvin Jones might be a more reasonably priced option with similar strengths to Watkins.

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yup, I think Sammy Watkins aping with Marvin Jones Jr will be obvious targets from the front office. I think Watkins is likely the number one target, but they’ll settle for Jones if Watkins market price gets to be too hefty. Either could really help our offense, but Watkins in particular is a known option as a physical blocking WR back to his college days and has continued that trend in the pros, he’s obviously not a “diva receiver” that complains about target shares, and he’s got an obvious championship pedigree (now) that this team could really use to take us to the next level.

I’m sure we’d offer him something like 4 years, $36m, perhaps with the 4th year being a team option. Watkins I’m sure would appreciate the stability with a winning organization and quality QB option.

From there WR would be a luxury headed into the draft. Could truly allow us to focus on just the defensive side of the ball with an OL option thrown in at some point or a great value at WR.

I think if we miss out on Clowney than Watkins is likely a sure thing. But if we get Clowney then Marvin Jones might be a more reasonably priced option with similar strengths to Watkins.

You think we're really gonna go after Clowney? I think he's gonna price himself out of our range. But I'll be more than happy to trade Judon for Clowney's presence.

11 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

You think we're really gonna go after Clowney? I think he's gonna price himself out of our range. But I'll be more than happy to trade Judon for Clowney's presence.

I just can't see it IMO

Chris Jones and Yannick Ngakoue let’s double dip in the front seven this should solidify our front seven. We draft Murray in the first round and draft WR in either the 2nd or 3rd and take shots at BPA and build a strong deep team. Could also potentially take one of our fourths to trade for a vet WR ala Boldin back in the day

17 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

The Marvin Jones idea is an interesting one. Said it in another thread yesterday but I think the playoffs - both how we flamed out and how the Chiefs ran the table - reallly underscored the need to have a reliable/proven #2 wideout of talent next year. Marvin Jones would certainly fit that bill but I hadn't really been thinking of him as someone who could end up being available. I guess if these strange Stafford trade rumors are true and the Lions are blowing it up, they could cut/trade Jones, but otherwise, is he really on the chopping block and/or are the Lions that capped out that they would need to move him?

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

The Marvin Jones idea is an interesting one. Said it in another thread yesterday but I think the playoffs - both how we flamed out and how the Chiefs ran the table - reallly underscored the need to have a reliable/proven #2 wideout of talent next year. Marvin Jones would certainly fit that bill but I hadn't really been thinking of him as someone who could end up being available. I guess if these strange Stafford trade rumors are true and the Lions are blowing it up, they could cut/trade Jones, but otherwise, is he really on the chopping block and/or are the Lions that capped out that they would need to move him?

I was reading an SI article that first mentioned him as a potential trade/cap casualty option. I think the notion that in either scenario he won’t count against the comp formula makes him very enticing and like you said, the Lions with the current regime hasn’t been able to get it done. I could see a 5th round pick (perhaps a conditional 4th) and the $6.5m cap savings being enticing enough to move the aging veteran if they don’t feel like they’ll be able to compete. Especially with him having one year left in the deal and you’d have to imagine he’ll want to play for a contender.

15 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I think it will depend exactly on how much Clowney’s statements actually matter come UFA time. He wants to be on a SB contender. Out of the contenders, we’re probably on the team with the most money to pay him a reasonable salary, while also contending for a championship. Other teams could pay him more for sure, but it’ll come down to if he wants to go to a team like the Bengals at $21m/year or “settle” for $18m with great guaranteed cash from a contending Ravens team that is noted for their upbeat locker room.

He’s the perfect fit. This defense needs a “dog” that can be an enforcer out there. He’s that guy. The defense needs a pass rusher he can be that. This defense needs a physical run setting edge, he’s probably the best in the league in that capacity. And this defense needs a front 7 option that can take over games, he does that.

There’s a point where our front office would be priced out, but out of the true contending teams most either already have pass rush filled or they have less money. He may go back to the Seahawks though, but I think we’d have a shot.

• Like 2