2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Exactly, I think when fans say... “mid round ILBs don’t work out” they need to look at the drafts where ILBs are hitting.

Nope. The difference is in what people mean by "don't work out".

If you are expecting/hoping for your drafted ILB to become an All-Pro calibre player, or even a Pro-Bowler, then a mid-round pick almost certainly won't work out.  If all you are looking for is someone to provide better than replacement level performance, then that statement is probably wrong

19 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Nope. The difference is in what people mean by "don't work out".

If you are expecting/hoping for your drafted ILB to become an All-Pro calibre player, or even a Pro-Bowler, then a mid-round pick almost certainly won't work out.  If all you are looking for is someone to provide better than replacement level performance, then that statement is probably wrong

How about starting caliber player? I think to assume a mid round ILB can come in and start is not being very realistic given the success rate of LBs drafted in those rounds. 

Keanu Neal might be cut or traded. A really talented young Safety, who's lost two of his four seasons to injury. Back to back ACL and Achilles- brutal. Still just 24 years old though, and he brings the hyper physical brand of football we need to add on defense. 

So he could be an interesting name to watch for this offseason. Don't see him landing much more than a 1 year prove it deal anywhere.

15 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

He's a team option, so it wouldn't be a cut. It'd like either him or Jimmy back as an outside CB body, even though they obviously bring different rewards/risks. Don't see both coming back 

If both aren't coming back, I don't see how anyone wouldn't want Jimmy over Carr. (Outside of the injury issues of course) For me personally, Jimmy is a sign at all cost player. I believe that the Ravens will get the deal done on him unless some random teams comes out of nowhere and pull the heel turn.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Danand said:

Could Tyus Bowser be the next in line, if the front office sees him as an ascending player we can use in our rotation the next 3-4 years?

This is why it sucks that we waited so long to give Bowser a larger opportunity share. We're now up against the clock in terms of making a decision on his future. And while he looked good, and is still 24 years old, you don't want to over commit until he proves himself in an even larger role. Problem is, if he does look really good in a larger role and continues to develop/ascend/progress etc, dropping 10+ Sacks or something. Then we're looking at a giant contract and possible UFA bidding war.

I really don't want to fall into another ZDS situation, where we again groom a young versatile impact defender for another team. 

Maybe we could give him like a 1 year "Continue to prove it" extension. That way he can still potentially hit FA in his mid 20s and we get a bigger window to decide on a true extension.

5 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

This is why it sucks that we waited so long to give Bowser a larger opportunity share. We're now up against the clock in terms of making a decision on his future. And while he looked good, and is still 24 years old, you don't want to over commit until he proves himself in an even larger role. Problem is, if he does look really good in a larger role and continues to develop/ascend/progress etc, dropping 10+ Sacks or something. Then we're looking at a giant contract and possible UFA bidding war.

I really don't want to fall into another ZDS situation, where we again groom a young versatile impact defender for another team. 

Maybe we could give him like a 1 year "Continue to prove it" extension. That way he can still potentially hit FA in his mid 20s and we get a bigger window to decide on a true extension.

Something was still missing from his game this season for him to be more dominant, but he is without a doubt such an athletic talent, that if his work ethic and personality is there, then he should be at minimum a rotational player as he can drop into coverage like few other at his size. I agree we don't want to let him explode this year only to try and win a bidding war, and while we should not overpay talent, then giving him a 3 year extension now might be the right thing to do. We might overpay a bit, but if he keep stacking plays, we might end up winning in the end while Bowser get some security.

• Like 3

This is one of the key points to this deal. Clark is an athletic, smart, sound, instinctive player, but the value he brings in terms of 'allowed flexibility' is incredible. It's simple- He helps us dictate match ups in a more favorable way.  Which is everything you want out of a defensive player in this era.

• Like 1

I want Eric DeCosta to play Madden.

• Re-sign Jimmy Smith
  • Sign Gerald McCoy
  • Sign Donte Fowler Jr.
  • Sign AJ Green (or) Emmanuel Sanders

Then supplement through the draft. Trade out of the 28th spot and get another 2nd, 4th (If its low-end 2nd, get a 2,4,5 based off chart value) Get a WR like Jefferson and let's go win a championship! *Pending Greg Roman bluffin' $#! of course*

17 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

EDC convinced him that if he gets busted for the juice we can sign Clowney AND McCoy/Campbell for our championship run....

lol If that happened, and we somehow signed Clowney and Campbell. I wonder if more fans would be on board for a Javon Kinlaw trade up. Just to try and build a crazy savage DL during a strong championship window. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 5:24 PM, RavensfanRD said:

I want Eric DeCosta to play Madden.

• Re-sign Jimmy Smith
  • Sign Gerald McCoy
  • Sign Donte Fowler Jr.
  • Sign AJ Green (or) Emmanuel Sanders

Then supplement through the draft. Trade out of the 28th spot and get another 2nd, 4th (If its low-end 2nd, get a 2,4,5 based off chart value) Get a WR like Jefferson and let's go win a championship! *Pending Greg Roman bluffin' $#! of course*

On jimmy smith, I’m thinking they are trying to get him on a reasonable deal (maybe something like Carrs current series of options). If Jimmy is back, I’m guessing Carr is gone. May be tough to get that done though unless he’s willing to take a bit less than market to stick in Baltimore.