2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

2 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Still one open spot on the roster. I have this bad feeling that it's going to be Tony Jefferson...

I’m not too concerned with the idea of him returning. The young guys are finally in the game now so in this case he’d simply be depth. Could play the $ LB role and he knows the defense. On such short notice and so close to the season, he’s not going to be one of the worst options we could get.

Now if we signed him for something greater than one year then I’d be worried. As if Deshon Elliot proves this season he can’t be the answer, via injury or play, then I’d hate for the team to feel TJ can be the starter and not attack the position via the draft.

We make a lot of sense for Clowney as a destination. Contender, Elite CB Room, Other producers within the front 7 will aid him in building a strong stat line if he wants to enter FA in 2021. Our offense should give him some big leads to hunt with. Lot's of positives. 

The money would be tight- but a move here a move there, and we could make it work. Clowney would be a monster chess piece to add this late in the process. Let's see if EDC pulls the trigger.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

but more threats off the edge is key

Like ZDS, Clowney can effectively rush over guards too. Lot of success had when he does.

So we could comfortably field Bowser-Clowney-Campbell-Judon lineups quite frequently. Adding Jadeveon would be a move that really moves the needle for our defense.

Brutal on stunts as well-

He literally fits everything we like to do with our pure EDGE pieces.

59 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm down a 1-year deal with Clowney. We have the cap space this year, just not next year. It's clear he's not gonna get teh contract he wants this year. He might as well sign with a contender and ball out for a max deal next year.

Pretty much. Works for us, works for him. 

i really don't get how folks on here still believe the FO has ANY interest in Clowney like, at all.

get it over with. there has been multiple people more or less connected to the Ravens stating how this rumour has absolutely no substance and is not more than wishful thinking of some part of the fan base.

after the release of ET its also very clear (to me) that they won't sign somebody like Clowney just chasing money. ET redux really.

or maybe i have no idea what i am talking about 😑

10 hours ago, berlin calling said:

after the release of ET its also very clear (to me) that they won't sign somebody like Clowney just chasing money. ET redux really.

We would be signing him to a one year deal in all likelihood. That and Clowney has stated that it’s not all about money and I believe him. If it were he would’ve already signed with some of the lesser prestige teams that were willing to reportedly meet his money demands.

Him asking for $17m isn’t to be confused with him attempting to break the bank. It’s a very reasonable amount for what he brings to the table. His impact on the football field is on a similar level to Myles Garrett. I base this on PFF with their annual ratings, with PFR’s AV/game, and also looking at his game and how it would fit within our defensive scheme.

The dude plays the game like a Raven with how he flies around the field with reckless abandon. We have the depth to endure him going down for a couple games (as to be expected at this point), but with his potential value to this defense I’d be shocked if there’s no interest there.

Now whether or not the interest is realistic,  I can agree on. I think if we had the money to meet his demands we likely would, but I’m not sure if they’d be interested in creating the money necessary to bring him in. Though if the ET guaranteed amount can be successfully removed from the equation than it means we would be at $17m in cap space. So if they’re confident in their case of conduct detrimental, then using some cap maneuvers to create the space would open up money that they could later get back on future caps by virtue of winning the arbitration and carrying that cap over.

10 hours ago, berlin calling said:

or maybe i have no idea what i am talking about 😑

Same here. Though for all our sake, I hope your take here is wrong. We had a great defense the last season with no game wreckers in the front 7, just imagine this season if we had Clowney, Campbell, and MAYBE Queen. Then adding the depth behind those guys with Madubuike, Bowser, and Harrison... would be pretty disgusting. Would be better than the front 7 we had in 2018, but with an even better secondary.

Tons of speculation over us possibly acquiring Jalen Ramsey or Yannick Ngakoue, and we end up with Calais Campbell. 🙂 Fine by me.

Also, remember when we got murdered by the Jags in London a couple years ago? Now look at us, and look at them. Be thankful you're a fan of this organization.