2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

39 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Tons of speculation over us possibly acquiring Jalen Ramsey or Yannick Ngakoue, and we end up with Calais Campbell. 🙂 Fine by me.

Also, remember when we got murdered by the Jags in London a couple years ago? Now look at us, and look at them. Be thankful you're a fan of this organization.

That was the game where I began to doubt Perriman would ever amount to something. Completely unwilling to run a route if he wasn't the target, lost complete will and desire to play the game because he couldn't win his matchup. Just a pathetic performance by him and the team

49 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

There's no mention of the Ravens in that clip... is Jeff leaking something here? 

I think it's more that after the release of ET, Logan Ryan (along with Brandon Carr and Eric Reid) was one of the names most frequently thrown out there as the potential replacement on Twitter

16 minutes ago, drd23 said:

I think it's more that after the release of ET, Logan Ryan (along with Brandon Carr and Eric Reid) was one of the names most frequently thrown out there as the potential replacement on Twitter

My heart wants Clowney. My Brain’s telling me it’ll probably be Ryan. 

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

🤔..

Maybe Clowney will take a similar pay cut. I’ve always been team Clowney over team Ngakoue FWIW. Also wouldn’t require the draft compensation... just hoping we can make it happen.

But that all said, the Vikings certainly got a good deal when you consider the additional pay cut. Jacksonville got value considering they initially spent a 3rd in identifying Ngakoue’s talent. It’s just now they have to hit again with one of those picks. Shooting themselves in the foot with a terribly run organization. I mean when the NFLPA literally comes out and says that because 50% of arbitrations in the NFL have come out of Jacksonville, free agents might want to “take note and avoid such teams” (to paraphrase) you know you’re doing something very wrong.

Really makes you appreciate Calais Campbell. With as poorly run Jacksonville was, he’s the only of their former star players that hasn’t come out and trashed the team. Shows the kind of moral fortitude he has, he simply praises the Ravens as a first class organization and leaves it at that.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Really makes you appreciate Calais Campbell. With as poorly run Jacksonville was, he’s the only of their former star players that hasn’t come out and trashed the team. Shows the kind of moral fortitude he has, he simply praises the Ravens as a first class organization and leaves it at that.

We've had a lot of Walter Payton MOTY award candidates and winners in house, but Calais legitimately seems like one of the best people to ever suit up for the game. Like he's just so nice lol. A great teammate, active in the community in a real way, always respectful and careful with his words. A true gem, AND he's a monster on the field. I was watching some highlights of Josh Jacobs' 2019 season and his touches against the Jags were hilarious. It seemed like Calais was behind the line on almost every play. I think a lot of Raven fans are going to be shocked at just how good he is.

This forum has been hyping up big name acquisitions a lot more than we had previously. In our defense though, we've added mega names like Earl Thomas, Marcus Peters, and Calais Campbell to the roster pretty quickly under EDC's reign. 

I don't think we pull the trigger on Clowney either. The team is going to want to roll over as much as they can toward next years plummeting cap, and in general it doesn't seem like a move we'd make. He's such a great fit that it is really fun to think about though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

This forum has been hyping up big name acquisitions a lot more than we had previously. In our defense though, we've added mega names like Earl Thomas, Marcus Peters, and Calais Campbell to the roster pretty quickly under EDC's reign. 

I don't think we pull the trigger on Clowney either. The team is going to want to roll over as much as they can toward next years plummeting cap, and in general it doesn't seem like a move we'd make. He's such a great fit that it is really fun to think about though.

Yeah I find it unlikely, but I feel we’ve got about a 25% chance of making it happen. If this move were just about money, I think he would’ve signed already. So I think team prestige will certainly work in our favor, as will scheme fit.

Outside of that though, we certainly don’t have the money to hit the $17m threshold that he’d like. I also don’t know how the team would necessarily react to a guy who didn’t put in any work for training camp coming in and potentially taking away a quality players spot. Someone like Jihad Ward, a quality player whose been putting in the work- for instance. Especially considering the guy they got rid of has similarly been avoiding “the work” the past season. Sitting out of camp could present personality/work ethic concerns.

I think Clowney clearly doesn’t care about training camp and is waiting until it’s over before coming in to a team. Perhaps waiting until there’s one week left (for game prep) before the first game, allowing teams to see what their roster looks like prior to signing. So given the Browns offered him $15m and if no other team has offered more, I think if we are willing to offer him $12m, something in the ballpark of their offer, the winning culture could win out. I don’t think the team would care enough about the feelings of a Jihad Ward (for example) that they would be against adding a dynamic and dominant front 7 talent. All that said, I think the Titans, Seahawks, and Chiefs all present either similar or better options for one reason or another. The Titans feel like the best fit between winning culture, scheme fit, and money that he’d likely be able to find.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

We need a new forum rule...keep all prospective Clowney talk in one thread 😂

I really don’t think we’re gonna sign him and seeing his name consistently brought up just reminds me about how we’re not gonna sign him, haha.

I will agree that I can’t wait until Clowney does finally sign with a team (would love if it’s us obviously) just so that I can move on from the idea of “will he” or “won’t he.”

• Like 1