Steelers hinting about deal with Dupree??

jebrick

3 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Im going to be super boring and say that this wasnt a hint at anything and just an instagram post telling the Quarterback that someone is "incoming!". 

I know, that's not fun. Ill see myself out now. 

think you're right lol

I doubt the person who runs their Instagram account would of sources on bud getting a new deal days before the media

Za’Darius Smith deal was 4 yr 66 mill with 20 mill signing bonus last year...1st year cap hit was $7.5 mill...

My guess is Steelers try for something roughly like that since they like low yr1 cap hits.

Franchise tag is ~$-17 mill~.....they can save almost 10 mill this upcoming year with a long term deal.

Im guessing it gets done.

from espn

Like Mike Tomlin, Art Rooney II also wants Bud Dupree to return next season, and securing the OLB is a top priority. Dupree, an unrestricted free agent, is eligible to be franchise tagged, but the Steelers will have to balance a tight cap to get it done. "We'd like to have Bud back, no question about it," Rooney II said. "And we'll do our best to figure out how to make it happen. But we'd like to have him back, and I'll stay optimistic that we'll be able to figure out how to make that happen."