Restricted Free Agents

TE Antony Auclair

Exclusive Rights Free Agents

TE Tanner Hudson

G Mike Liedtke

WR Bryant Mitchell

S Orion Stewart

Resignings

QB Jameis Winston - 4 years $115M (guarantees that are covered in 2020 and 2021, which is all that matters)

Like I said a month or so ago; the franchise tag isn't really something we do. I think we've only used it like four times since it was created, and one of those times was on Connor Barth.

Lots of folks want to move on. And they're completely justified. But I don't know that it happens. QBs get long leashes, especially first overall picks. And QBs typically make a jump in year two of BA offenses. He gets one more year before we draft a potential replacement.

Cap space: $63M

EDGE Shaq Barrett - (3 years $55M (guarantees that are covered in 2020 and 2021)

This is just shy of Von Miller money. It gives him another chance at a big payday at 31 and protects us from a potential one year wonder.

Cap space: $44.7M

DL Ndamukong Suh - 1 year $7.5M

We'll probably put in a few escalators for playoffs, sacks, Pro Bowl, etc. that can make this number bigger. Getting him here last year cost more. Keeping him here should cost a little less.

Cap space: $37.2M

EDGE Jason Pierre-Paul - 2 years $18M

He bet on himself in 2019 and it (literally) paid off. He reached all his incentives and earned another decent contract. Like Suh, it'll be easier to resign him since he's already here.

Cap space: $28.2M

OL Earl Watford - 1 year $1M

He'll only be 30 next year. And he'll (again) be our best sixth lineman.

Cap space : $27.2M

QB Blaine Gabbert - 1 year $1.5M

BA keeps his preferred backup QB with the option to cut him for cheap if we draft a replacement.

Cap space: $25.7M

OT Demar Dotson - 1 year $3M

He'll likely compete for his starting spot with a rookie. But we can't go all in on that rookie before he even gets here. I'd imagine Dot plays here or retires, so he'll be cheap.

Cap space: $22.7M

EDGE Sam Acho - 1 year $970k (vet minimum)

Decent depth and special teams player. With Nassib leaving, we'll need the experienced depth.

Cap space: $21.7M

LB Kevin Minter - 1 year $915k (vet minimum)

More experienced depth and special teams player.

Cap space: $20.8

S Darian Stewart - 1 year $970k (vet minimum)

Veteran depth for the secondary. Can start if needed.

Cap space: $19.8M

TE Antony Auclair - 3 years $2.1M

He's the boring blocker BA wants. This is a $500k raise from his original three year contract.

Cap space: $19.1M

Extensions

LB Lavonte David - 4 years $45M (becoming 5 years $56.2M overall, making him a free agent in 2025) ($15M guaranteed)

One more raise and payday for Lavonte to make sure he stays in Tampa. We front load this a bit. His $10.75M 2020 base salary goes up.

Cap space: $17.5M

Trades

TE Cameron Brate and a sixth round pick goes to Washington for a fifth round pick.

Washington has the cap space to afford him. Haskins needs another reliable receiver and we move up. BA doesn't need a receiving TE. We also free up $6M in cap space.

Cap space: $23.5M

Free Agency

I don't expect us to spend too much. Just add depth.

CB Brian Poole - 1 year $4M

He's a decent slot CB who blitzes well. The kind of guy we need with Stewart dropping down the depth chart, and potentially off the team. He'll only be 28 in October.

Cap space: $19.5M

RB Bilal Powell - 1 year $2.5M

He's a solid backup who can play all three downs. He'll be 32 in October. But it's only a one year deal.

Cap space: $17M

2020 Draft

Our picks:

4.33-4.37

Let's begin.

1.14 Grant Delpit | S | LSU

Jordan Whitehead seems to have one safety spot locked down. Justin Evans has missed the last two seasons (BA was noticeably upset about last season, and didn't hide it). And Edwards has flexibility and has shown flashes. But Delpit has the potential to be a stud. And early. Licht likes dipping into the LSU well and Bowles hasn't shied away from taking a safety in the first. The first round is where you draft starters and impact players. Delpit should be both right away.

2.13 Lucas Niang | OT | TCU

He's got size (6'7" 330lbs) and the athleticism to use it. He can move people in the run game (something we desperately need). He almost has some of that Jensen nastiness when he blocks. He finishes plays. Needs work in pass pro (what rookie doesn't?) but he's not bad.

3.12 Raequan Williams | DL | MSU

He's currently dominating practices at the East-West Shrine Bowl. And Licht is there watching. I love Williams' first step. It's McCoy like. He can hold his ground. Which is a must in our defense. But he's more known as a pass rusher. He's a complete player.

Trade: We trade 4.11 and our comp pick to move up to the end of day two.

3.30ish Netane Muti | OL | Fresno State

He moves really well. His ability to pull and get to the next level is a major strength. Speaking of strength, he's got a lot of it. He needs work on the technical aspects. But his upside is really high.

5.2 Trey Sermon | RB | Oklahoma

His touches disappeared in 2019 for some reason. But he's shown to be a good back. He's got some Peyton Barber to his game. He lacks top end speed but he can lower his shoulder and bull forward. He's got good enough hands to catch swing passes. And his pass blocking would make him RB1 for Koetter immediately.

5.15 Quintez Cephus | WR | Wisconsin

He was accused and acquitted of sexual assault. Which might drop him. That, and the insane depth at WR in this draft. He can play everywhere. But he'd play outside while Godwin moves to the slot. He's got great hands and a good catch radius. He's not a 4.4 guy. But he's got good speed for 6'1" 200lbs.

• Like 4

You put a lot of work into this. Nice! Resigning choices all make sense and obviously Jameis is the big question mark but good chance he stays. I’d love a FA splash but I don’t think we get one either. The depth stuff and 1 year deals worked out so well last year I bet they do it again.

In last years draft, Devin White was a foregone conclusion months ahead of time. We could go so many different directions at 14. Delpit, a play making safety, could be a nice add to the back end, tho a rookie. You could also make a case for a DT or OL. All the other positions get addressed and with Delpit in the first Niang and Williams are solid adds in the 2nd and 3rd.

• Like 2

Really nice job.  I m glad you highlighted the Greenberg extension is essentially a 2 yr deal.  Since Perriman is moving on,  I would expect them to address WR before Day 3. Maybe FA?  Or earlier in the draft?  Scotty Miller has shown potential, but also brittle.  Watson looks like a JAG.  The rest of the cupboard is sparse.  This passing attack is based on throwing to the WR, the more good options the better.

I do think they give David more guaranteed money, but his cap hit comes down.   Agree on safety as a priority in the offseason, especially FS.  Could see them addressing it in FA.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I like it.   The draft is BPA and works out for the Bucs to get some need in there too.  I don't know what to think about Delpit though honestly.

I can see them not resigning  Stewart and spending a little more in free agency at FS.  Stewart looked cooked.  IIRC, Stewart had a chance to close the game out against the Falcons on 4th down, but missed the tackle.  I think Stewart is cooked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Mekhi Becton 

I'm still hesitant with BA saying you draft oline for the next coach.

I'm sure we'll take oline on day two or three. But I don't know if we'll do it in the first.

Not that I'm opposed if Wirfs or someone is at 14. Just that I think BA will prioritize other positions.

Not bad. 

RB Bilal Powell - 1 year $2.5M

He's a solid backup who can play all three downs. He'll be 32 in October. But it's only a one year deal.

Think we could do a lot better than a 32yo RB.

TE is going to be an interesting position this off season. Unfortunately I think OJ Howard will get traded (Hope not) and Brate has a higher chance of being cut then being traded with his cap hit IMO.

No mention of a Godwin extension?

• Like 2