Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bucsfan333

Mock offseason and draft 1.0

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, indifference said:

they say this every year about LSU and they produce nothing but quality DB’s

There are many examples of His range, ball skills and hands are on full display with him on an island. This isnt a mark barron ish prospect.

I ve read that Delpit had shoulder surgery after his freshman yr.  The concern is that he hasn t been the same willing tackler he was before the injury.  Whether that is true or not, no clue.  The truly great FS like Reed and Thomas is the ability to get guy s on the ground besides the range and ball skills.  I m not suggesting Delpit is not a really good prospect, just sharing some of the concern I read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, indifference said:

they say this every year about LSU and they produce nothing but quality DB’s

There are many examples of His range, ball skills and hands are on full display with him on an island. This isnt a mark barron ish prospect.

Every prospect is different though, so stereotyping them by school is asanine. It's like the scouts who won't touch an Alabama QB, or a USC wide receiver. These perspectives are lazy...

I'm not arguing against you, because I actually like Delpit and think he can be an impact FS. I'm just telling you the argument that's out there among the scouting media...

There is also some bad game tape of him against the higher echelon competition, Georgia game being an example...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we will have a shot to take Delpt in the 2nd round honestly. Greedy Williams saw a fall because of unwillingness to tackle. I think Delpit may be in for a similar fall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

I think we will have a shot to take Delpt in the 2nd round honestly. Greedy Williams saw a fall because of unwillingness to tackle. I think Delpit may be in for a similar fall. 

There were also a ton of rookie CBs to choose from last year.

I don't think safety is nearly as deep this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

There were also a ton of rookie CBs to choose from last year.

I don't think safety is nearly as deep this year.

That doesnt mean you reach for a player though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

That doesnt mean you reach for a player though. 

Not at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×