What team will Cam Newton he traded to?

BayRaider

What team will Cam Newton end up on?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What team will Cam Newton end up on?

I honestly don't think he'll be traded, unless the Panthers organization is honestly committing to tanking in 2020. The Panthers backup QBs are horrendous and if they give away Newton, they could legitimately hit 2-14 territory or worse.

• Like 1

This site is notorious for getting these types of predictions wrong so PLEASE choose the Bears.

I'll quote what I said recently about the Bears.

I still have a (bad) gut feeling that either Cam or Winston will be on our roster at some point (in the same way I predicted Peppers) and I hope to hell I'm dead wrong

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hukos said:

I honestly don't think he'll be traded, unless the Panthers organization is honestly committing to tanking in 2020. The Panthers backup QBs are horrendous and if they give away Newton, they could legitimately hit 2-14 territory or worse.

#LosersForLawrence

You realize Rhule is a master rebuilder and says “Trust the Process” literally every three seconds? 

Plus Joe Brady just had the best offense ever in NCAA. Maybe he can work wonders with Grier, Allen, or a FA?

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

This site is notorious for getting these types of predictions wrong so PLEASE choose the Bears.

I'll quote what I said recently about the Bears.

Cam to the Bears was my original prediction. But all signs point to giving Mitch one more shot. 

Joe Brady would have to work literal miracles to get something out of Allen. His two games against the Falcons were Nathan Peterman-level bad. He had wide open dudes all day long and was overthrowing them so badly it was almost like the CB was running the route instead of the WR. He even had a play where he was taking a sack, and then threw the ball directly at another defender as he was going to the ground for an interception. I didn't see the games that Will Grier played but if Kyle Allen beat him out for the job, that says a lot about Grier's ability.

Even though I'm a fan of a rival team, I think it's in the Panthers best interest to keep Cam. There's a lot that can go wrong with intentionally tanking for Lawrence (you go 2-14, someone else goes 1-15 and they won't trade down, you're kind of screwed, etc.).

Edited by Hukos

3 hours ago, Hukos said:

If Carolina trades Cam Newton it doesn’t mean they won’t sign another QB as a stop-gap. They could trade Cam and sign Rivers - then when they draft a QB with whatever they get for Cam, he can sit behind Phil for a couple of years.

If they trade Cam and roll with either Kyle Allen or Will Grier, then yeah, that’s a tank job. But I’d guess they won’t do that.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So, I would like to fill every Bengal fan with rage, and reunite Brady and Burrow. 

Mike Brown sends #1 Pick to Panthers

Bengals Receive #7, Cam Newton, 2021 1st Round Pick, 2021 3rd Round Pick. 

Bengals disband as a franchise in 2025. 

I would literally choose a new team to root for, and I'm not joking. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So, I would like to fill every Bengal fan with rage, and reunite Brady and Burrow. 

Mike Brown sends #1 Pick to Panthers

Bengals Receive #7, Cam Newton, 2021 1st Round Pick, 2021 3rd Round Pick. 

Bengals disband as a franchise in 2025. 

Lol, no rage.  Cam's fun, i could root for him.  But it has about a zero percent chance of happening.  Taylor is going to want his guy to groom.

Very surprised, not to see Redskins on this list.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I could easily see it happen.

Cam's old coach=Rivera ✓ (Redskins)

Cam's old QB coach/off Coordinator=Scott Turner ✓ (Redskins)

Probably won't happen with Alex Smith on the payroll & Haskins just drafted last year.

But Rivera pointed out in his press conference, that he & Snyder want to win now. That this is no 5 year plan. (Meaning his 5 year deal as hired for coach)

Does Rivera & staff put their eggs in the Haskins basket, or do they make a run at former NFL MVP Newton, who already knows the offense & can plug & play?

Rather hoping Haskins can grasp the new offense in 1 off season? 

Again, I personally hope it doesn't happen.

I want D. Haskins to be our guy & think he will.

But if I'm a new coach wanting to win immediately? Do I hope Haskins is the guy, or do I want to try to trade for the guy who got me to 15-1?

Who btw, has been injured the last 2 years...His value is as low, as it ever has been.

If Rivera wants him? He's gonna get him. 

Anyways, just surprised Redskins are not on the list above options.

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Probably won't happen with Alex Smith on the payroll & Haskins just drafted last year.

But Rivera pointed out in his press conference, that he & Snyder want to win now. That this is no 5 year plan. (Meaning his 5 year deal as hired for coach)

Does Rivera & staff put their eggs in the Haskins basket, or do they make a run at former NFL MVP Newton, who already knows the offense & can plug & play?

But if I'm a new coach wanting to win immediately? Do I hope Haskins is the guy, or do I want to try to trade for the guy who got me to 15-1?

Who btw, has been injured the last 2 years...His value is as low, as it ever has been.

Pretty sure sticking with Dwayne Haskins is part of the job requirement.

There's always a possibility he won't be traded. Carolina needs to rebuild, but at 7th overall they're not in a position to trade up and will need a QB to fall to them.

21 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Scott Turner's offense is much easier conceptually than a Gruden WCO is. I don't think this is as much of an issue as you think it is.