What team will Cam Newton he traded to?

BayRaider

What team will Cam Newton end up on?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What team will Cam Newton end up on?

3 hours ago, Danger said:

No, there's nothing to gain by keeping him on the roster. He's not a fantastic QB, will never be able to take the team that Carolina has to a super bowl. They need to do a full rebuild at this point, draft a new QB, and build around him and CMC. Cam Newton is too injury prone, and doesn't love football enough to get the most out of his talent.

How does cam not love football enough 

22 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

I don’t think people realize how bad Kyle Allen is. 

Also agree with this. Kyle Allen was legitimately as bad as Nathan Peterman by the end of the season. I don't know how he regressed so far, but holy crap it was something to behold.

49 minutes ago, Hukos said:

Also agree with this. Kyle Allen was legitimately as bad as Nathan Peterman by the end of the season. I don't know how he regressed so far, but holy crap it was something to behold.

one defense schemed the right things to stop him. every other defense followed suit. Allen and the panthers didn't adjust. 

19 hours ago, Hukos said:

I honestly don't think he'll be traded, unless the Panthers organization is honestly committing to tanking in 2020. The Panthers backup QBs are horrendous and if they give away Newton, they could legitimately hit 2-14 territory or worse.

As opposed to 6-10 with him; who cares?

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:
11 hours ago, berlin calling said:

Colts would be purrrfect. get him an Oline not to be murdered behind.

Tom Brady about to be a colt 

Tom: Hey Honie, you want to take the Kids and move to Indianapolis? 

Giselle: WTF? Where?

Tom: Indianapolis,  you know the place where I use to play Peyton? Where Jacoby took over for Luck?

Giselle: Hell No! We can visit but you're on your own!

21 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

I don’t think people realize how bad Kyle Allen is. 

Why does that matter? This team is not close to ready to be competing, even with Cam. Time to trade Can and start their rebuild. Possibly draft a QB this year and sign a veteran QB to be the placeholder for next season until the rookie QB is ready to take over. 

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Tom: Hey Honie, you want to take the Kids and move to Indianapolis? 

Giselle: WTF? Where?

Tom: Indianapolis,  you know the place where I use to play Peyton? Where Jacoby took over for Luck?

Giselle: Hell No! We can visit but you're on your own!

Brady to the charger confirmed. 

On 1/17/2020 at 12:57 PM, berlin calling said:

Colts would be purrrfect. get him an Oline not to be murdered behind.

Was my first thought as well. Cam behind that OL with their weapons that are similar to weapons he’s done well with in the past, they have a running game to take some of the pressure away from him having to feel like he NEEDS to be Superman at all times. They have a coach who has proven he can get “more” of a lesser QB talent, would love to see what he could do with Cam. Add in draft capital and that’s a team that could easily become the best team in the AFCS.

Barring Cam being amenable to signing a new-team-friendly extension (why would he be when he could likely force them to cut him, test the FA market, and probably get at least the same amount in a prove-it deal?), who is really going to give up all that much for a one-year rental of coming-off-back-to-back-injuries Cam Newton who is also set to earn $19M for that rental?

I mean, if this is like the Eagles trading away McNabb for a 2nd and conditional future 3rd/4th, maybe I can see it, but 2010 (when it went down) was a notoriously shallow QB class (in terms of expected early franchise QB's and in terms of toolsy, project guys with franchise QB upside/traits), and I'm not sure this year's draft carries the same water.