Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

• 2 months later...
On 11/4/2020 at 1:44 PM, .Buzz said:

What could the Jets possibly give the Jags to warrant trading away Lawrence? 

Also, the Saints drafting an inline TE in the 1st round would be beyond stupid. They just drafted Adam Trautman for that exact position this year, and he's good. ???

On 1/28/2021 at 3:46 PM, sammymvpknight said:

What could the Jets possibly give the Jags to warrant trading away Lawrence? 

Also, the Saints drafting an inline TE in the 1st round would be beyond stupid. They just drafted Adam Trautman for that exact position this year, and he's good. ???

That article was from early November when the Jets were sitting pretty for the first pick.

• Like 1

New Daniel Jeremiah Mock

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-saints-select-drew-brees-heir-apparent

Pick

Jacksonville Jaguars

Jacksonville Jaguars
Trevor Lawrence · QB

School: Clemson | Year: Junior

Trevor Lawrence's pro day performance should cement his status as the best player in the draft. This is a no-brainer decision for the Jaguars.

Pick

New York Jets

New York Jets
Zach Wilson · QB

School: BYU | Year: Junior

The Jets have a lot of options here, but I think the decision ultimately comes down to Wilson versus Sam Darnold. With a new head coach, they decide to start fresh at quarterback.

Pick

Miami Dolphins

Miami Dolphins
Ja'Marr Chase · WR

School: LSU | Year: Junior

I flirted with giving the Dolphins one of the top offensive linemen here, but they are desperate for difference-making speed and playmaking ability on the outside.

Pick

Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta Falcons
Justin Fields · QB

School: Ohio State | Year: Junior

I have Trey Lance ranked ahead of Fields in my top 50, but Fields' athleticism could lead Atlanta to pursue a homecoming for the Georgia native.

Pick

Cincinnati Bengals

Cincinnati Bengals
Penei Sewell · OT

School: Oregon | Year: Junior

Kyle Pitts is an attractive option, but the Bengals need to make protecting Joe Burrow the priority.

Pick

Philadelphia Eagles

Philadelphia Eagles
Kyle Pitts · TE

School: Florida | Year: Junior

I don't envision Zach Ertz being on the Eagles' roster for the 2021 season. However, Philadelphia still ensures its QB1 -- whomever that ends up being -- has an outstanding duo at tight end in Pitts and Dallas Goedert.

Pick

Detroit Lions

Detroit Lions
Micah Parsons · LB

School: Penn State | Year: Junior

The Super Bowl showed us what speed and athleticism at the second level can do for a defense. Parsons brings those tools to Detroit.

Pick

Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers
Trey Lance · QB

School: North Dakota State | Year: Sophomore (RS)

Sitting behind Teddy Bridgewater for a season before taking over as QB1 in Year 2 could be the perfect situation for Lance.

Pick

Denver Broncos

Denver Broncos
Caleb Farley · CB

School: Virginia Tech | Year: Junior (RS)

The Broncos recently released CB A.J. Bouye, so there's a glaring need at the position. Farley is the best cornerback in the draft.

Pick

Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys
Patrick Surtain · CB

School: Alabama | Year: Junior

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys looked at an offensive or defensive lineman with this pick, but Surtain would be a welcome addition to the Dallas secondary.

Pick

New York Giants

New York Giants
Gregory Rousseau · Edge rusher

School: Miami | Year: Sophomore (RS)

I know GM Dave Gettleman has let it be known that he wants to add playmakers on offense. At the end of the day, though, he's not able to pass up the big, athletic edge rusher.

Pick

San Francisco 49ers

San Francisco 49ers
Rashawn Slater · OT

School: Northwestern | Year: Senior

We'll see what happens with Trent Williams in free agency, but even if the Niners are able to re-sign him, Slater could easily slide inside to guard.

Pick

Los Angeles Chargers

Los Angeles Chargers
Jaylen Waddle · WR

School: Alabama | Year: Junior

If the Chargers can address some of their offensive line needs in free agency, it would free them up to take a dynamic player to plug into their offense. They are already loaded with playmakers, but they don't have a wide receiver with pure speed like Waddle.

Pick

Minnesota Vikings

Minnesota Vikings
DeVonta Smith · WR

School: Alabama | Year: Senior

The Vikings have holes to fill on defense, but they could give Kirk Cousins a heck of a trio by adding Smith to a receiving corps that already includes Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen.

Pick

New England Patriots

New England Patriots
Jaycee Horn · CB

School: South Carolina | Year: Junior

There's been a lot of scuttlebutt about the Patriots potentially trading Stephon Gilmore, whose contract expires after the 2021 season. In this scenario, New England looks to his alma mater to find the player who'll replace him.

Pick

Arizona Cardinals

Arizona Cardinals
Alijah Vera-Tucker · OG

School: USC | Year: Junior (RS)

Vera-Tucker has played tackle and guard, but I envision him sliding inside for the Cardinals. I'm sure USC offensive coordinator Graham Harrell would give his fellow former Texas Tech quarterback, Kliff Kingsbury, a glowing recommendation.

Pick

Las Vegas Raiders

Las Vegas Raiders
Kwity Paye · Edge rusher

School: Michigan | Year: Senior

Paye would give the Raiders some much-needed speed and athleticism up front. I've heard he's going to put on a show at his pro day.

Pick

Miami Dolphins

Miami Dolphins
Najee Harris · RB

School: Alabama | Year: Senior

After taking Chase at No. 3, the Dolphins double down on playmakers, reuniting Harris with former Alabama teammate Tua Tagovailoa. This would give Miami the makings of a dynamic, young offense.

Pick

Washington Football Team

Washington Football Team
Christian Darrisaw · OT

School: Virginia Tech | Year: Junior

Washington is going to address the quarterback position one way or another. I'm guessing the Football Team goes with a veteran addition to free them up to upgrade the offensive line with this pick.

Pick

Chicago Bears

Chicago Bears
Kadarius Toney · WR

School: Florida | Year: Senior

The Bears are going to need more offensive playmakers whether pending free agent Allen Robinson is re-signed or not.

Indianapolis Colts

Indianapolis Colts
Greg Newsome II · CB

School: Northwestern | Year: Junior

Free agency could create a void at the position for Indy, and eams are very high on Newsome, a height-weight-speed corner.

Pick

Tennessee Titans

Tennessee Titans
Jaelan Phillips · Edge rusher

School: Miami | Year: Junior (RS)

The Titans are desperate for pass-rush help. Phillips is the most naturally gifted edge rusher in the draft.

Pick

New York Jets

New York Jets
Ronnie Perkins · Edge rusher

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior

Perkins is a very productive edge rusher who plays with physicality and tremendous effort.

Pick

Pittsburgh Steelers

Pittsburgh Steelers
Jalen Mayfield · OT

School: Michigan | Year: Sophomore (RS)

The Steelers will be restructuring the offensive line this offseason with center Maurkice Pouncey retiring and left tackle Alejandro Villanueva potentially departing in free agency.

Pick

Jacksonville Jaguars

Jacksonville Jaguars
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah · LB

School: Notre Dame | Year: Junior (RS)

Urban Meyer has put an emphasis on speed everywhere he's been. Owusu-Koramoah brings exactly that to the Jacksonville defense.

Pick

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Browns
Joe Tryon · Edge rusher

School: Washington | Year: Junior (RS)

Tryon opted out of the 2020 season, but he had really strong 2019 tape. Cleveland adds the former Washington pass rusher to complement Myles Garrett.

Pick

Baltimore Ravens

Baltimore Ravens
Trevon Moehrig · S

School: TCU | Year: Junior

The Ravens have other needs to address, but the reason they're so successful is because they draft the best player available. In this case, Moehrig fits the bill. He joins an extremely talented secondary.

Pick

New Orleans Saints

New Orleans Saints
Mac Jones · QB

School: Alabama | Year: Junior (RS)

If the Saints do re-sign Jameis Winston, Jones would provide an additional option as they try to replace Drew Brees, who's expected to retire. Jones is a fit as an accurate thrower and good decision-maker.

Pick

Green Bay Packers

Green Bay Packers
Teven Jenkins · OT

School: Oklahoma State | Year: Senior (RS)

We saw how much of a toll injuries took on the Packers' offensive line in the postseason. Jenkins can play tackle or slide inside if they need him to.

Pick

Buffalo Bills

Buffalo Bills
Azeez Ojulari · Edge rusher

School: Georgia | Year: Sophomore (RS)

The Bills' pass rush must be addressed this offseason. I view Buffalo as the best fit for free agent J.J. Watt, but Ojulari would provide some juice off the edge if the team is still looking for help at the position when the draft gets underway.

Pick

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas City Chiefs
Landon Dickerson · C

School: Alabama | Year: Senior (RS)

Dickerson, who's recovering from an ACL tear, comes with durability concerns, but the Chiefs are in position to make this type of bet on the best interior O-lineman in the draft.

Pick

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Nick Bolton · LB

School: Missouri | Year: Junior

There are three good options at linebacker between Bolton, Tulsa's Zaven Collins and LSU's Jabril Cox. If the Bucs lose Lavonte David in free agency, I think Bolton would be a great replacement.

• 2 weeks later...