Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

I went back and looked at Peter King's last 2022 mock draft from last year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/25/nfl-mock-draft-fmia-peter-king-2022/

He nailed a few picks. For my team, he missed both picks 5 and 7, but did note in his explanation that the Giants 'might' pick the players they ended up taking:

5. New York Giants: Charles Cross, offensive tackle, Mississippi State 

Lots of spy versus spy here. By that I mean, at first blush, it’s logical to think GM Joe Schoen would want the best available right tackle here, with Andrew Thomas set on the left side. And because Cross was consistently on the left side in college, and Evan Neal started a season each at left tackle and right tackle, Neal’s a better fit here. And it may be Neal. Who wouldn’t want a 40-game starter at a great program in the SEC?

7. New York Giants: Kyle Hamilton, safety, Notre Dame

Just a warning: Don’t be shocked if the Giants go Thibodeaux here. Lots of stuff out in the ether right now about the Giants being down on Thibodeaux, but I can tell you they’re interested and have done a ton of work on him since his Pro Day.

By that logic...

25. N.Y. GIANTS: Michael Mayer, tight end, Notre Dame.

Six years ago, the Giants took tight end Evan Engram 23rd overall, and Engram never matched the lofty draft status. In Mayer, New York hopes to find a consistent weapon for Daniel Jones—to pair with Darren Waller at first, then to shine when Waller, entering his age-31 season, is done. Mayer, of course, could go higher—anywhere from 15 to 24. The Giants would be comfortable with a corner if Joey Porter Jr. or Deonte Banks is there, a wideout if Jordan Addison or another outside receiver is there, and maybe even an interior lineman.

Joey Porter Jr is available at 25 in his mock draft.

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I went back and looked at Peter King's last 2022 mock draft from last year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/25/nfl-mock-draft-fmia-peter-king-2022/

He nailed a few picks. For my team, he missed both picks 5 and 7, but did note in his explanation that the Giants 'might' pick the players they ended up taking:

By that logic...

Joey Porter Jr is available at 25 in his mock draft.

He nailed some of the earlier picks, but it gets spottier later as you'd expect. Pickett to Steelers at 20, and Willis dropping out of the first. That's interesting. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

My team would never do this 

team does it

puts team in arbitrary boom category on Friday 

Reacting to a mock: Awful pick, you suck at this 

Reacting to real draft: Actually, I'm coming around to this guy after some thought 

• Like 11