Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Not the biggest Matt Miller fan but he has some interesting things in here.

He also has a new mock at the bottom. I will say, from the tape I've watched I like CJ Henderson a good deal but does anyone think he rises into the top 10? 

Edited by .Buzz

18 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

One of the rumors doing the rounds is that after signing Joe Brady to be their OC, the Panthers want to offer a crazy haul of picks to the Bengals to take Joe Burrow.

Even if the Panthers gave them their 1st round draft picks for the next 3 years along with a few 2nd or 3rd rounders as well, that will would not get it done.  Unless they trade them Patrick Mahomes or Russell Wilson, two players they do not have, no way they get a deal done for Burrow.

In terms of a QBs coming into the league, he has only had the best season in college football history basically.  Checks all the boxes mentally as a QB, he is smart, a great leader, teammates love him, is tough, competitive and super confident.  There is almost no negative about his game honestly based on how he looked this year.  No way the Bengals pass on that, even if Chase Young is a HOF talent, originally I thought Young should be the #1 pick to the Bengals but with how amazing Burrow has looked no way he goes anywhere else and yeah the Bengals basically won the lottery getting a home state kid like that #1 overall.  

In terms of a QB playing at the absolute top of their game entering the draft, there is no QB that has played better in big games I have seen coming up to the draft, Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck included.  Both had chinks in the armor at times that final year, Burrow this year it is almost too good to be true and maybe it is.  Will be really curious if he can keep up this pace but yeah basically he will be considered to be the next Tom Brady, good or bad and he will need to win Super Bowls accordingly, unfair or not that is the bar that has been set for him honestly with how he has looked this year.  

Bengals pass on that by trading him?  Absolutely no way.

76.3% completion percentage, 5671 yards, 60 TDs, 6 INTs, 202.0 QB rating.  I mean come on

69% completion percentage, 4361 yards, 42 DTs, 7 INTs, 199.2 QB rating.  This was Kyler Murray last year against much much worse competition in total.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Even if the Panthers gave them their 1st round draft picks for the next 3 years along with a few 2nd or 3rd rounders as well, that will would not get it done.  Unless they trade them Patrick Mahomes or Russell Wilson, two players they do not have, no way they get a deal done for Burrow.

In terms of a QBs coming into the league, he has only had the best season in college football history basically.  Checks all the boxes mentally as a QB, he is smart, a great leader, teammates love him, is tough, competitive and super confident.  There is almost no negative about his game honestly based on how he looked this year.  No way the Bengals pass on that, even if Chase Young is a HOF talent, originally I thought Young should be the #1 pick to the Bengals but with how amazing Burrow has looked no way he goes anywhere else and yeah the Bengals basically won the lottery getting a home state kid like that #1 overall.  

In terms of a QB playing at the absolute top of their game entering the draft, there is no QB that has played better in big games I have seen coming up to the draft, Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck included.  Both had chinks in the armor at times that final year, Burrow this year it is almost too good to be true and maybe it is.  Will be really curious if he can keep up this pace but yeah basically he will be considered to be the next Tom Brady, good or bad and he will need to win Super Bowls accordingly, unfair or not that is the bar that has been set for him honestly with how he has looked this year.  

Bengals pass on that by trading him?  Absolutely no way.

76.3% completion percentage, 5671 yards, 60 TDs, 6 INTs, 202.0 QB rating.  I mean come on

69% completion percentage, 4361 yards, 42 DTs, 7 INTs, 199.2 QB rating.  This was Kyler Murray last year against much much worse competition in total.  

Yeah, I don't see it at all - they would have picked a bad time Burrow's stock being as sky-high as possible. It's just people trying to make more of the Brady connection than is there, I guess. 

9 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah, I don't see it at all - they would have picked a bad time Burrow's stock being as sky-high as possible. It's just people trying to make more of the Brady connection than is there, I guess. 

Even if it was a Ricky Williams type trade, still do not think they could get him.  This is what that trade included.

• 1999 first round pick (12th overall, later traded to Chicago, used to select Cade McNown)
  • 1999 third round pick (71st overall, later traded to Chicago, used to select D'Wayne Bates)
  • 1999 fourth round pick (107th overall, used to select Nate Stimson)[15]
  • 1999 fifth round pick (144th overall, later traded to Chicago, used to select Khari Samuel)
  • 1999 sixth round pick (179th overall, later traded to Denver, used to select Desmond Clark)
  • 1999 seventh round pick (218th overall, later traded to Denver, used to select Billy Miller)
  • 2000 first round pick (2nd overall, used to select LaVar Arrington)
  • 2000 third round pick (64th overall, used to select Lloyd Harrison)

Still the expectations level for Joe Burrow will be huge, especially for a local kid, I expect that people will think his rookie year he should lead that team to the playoffs year one.  And the Tom Brady Super Bowl talk is real, say 5 years from now Joe Burrow has no Super Bowl victory, more than a few people will be like what the hell.  And there is little chance his insane production he has had in college will just instantly follow to the NFL.  But his level of play especially lately is just insane though.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Even if it was a Ricky Williams type trade, still do not think they could get him.  This is what that trade included.

• 1999 first round pick (12th overall, later traded to Chicago, used to select Cade McNown)
  • 1999 third round pick (71st overall, later traded to Chicago, used to select D'Wayne Bates)
  • 1999 fourth round pick (107th overall, used to select Nate Stimson)[15]
  • 1999 fifth round pick (144th overall, later traded to Chicago, used to select Khari Samuel)
  • 1999 sixth round pick (179th overall, later traded to Denver, used to select Desmond Clark)
  • 1999 seventh round pick (218th overall, later traded to Denver, used to select Billy Miller)
  • 2000 first round pick (2nd overall, used to select LaVar Arrington)
  • 2000 third round pick (64th overall, used to select Lloyd Harrison)

Still the expectations level for Joe Burrow will be huge, especially for a local kid, I expect that people will think his rookie year he should lead that team to the playoffs year one.  And the Tom Brady Super Bowl talk is real, say 5 years from now Joe Burrow has no Super Bowl victory, more than a few people will be like what the hell.  And there is little chance his insane production he has had in college will just instantly follow to the NFL.  But his level of play especially lately is just insane though.

The Bengals have to draft Burrow. Fandom in Cincy has reached a breaking point with this ownership, where attendance has gotten so low. Fans want Burrow. Brown want to get fans butts back in the seats. There is no faster way to accomplish this than by drafting arguably the best college QB in history. I think Brown may even dig into free agency this year to try and repair the damage he has done the past few years. With a rookie QB contract he almost has to, especially if they deal Dalton. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

The Bengals have to draft Burrow. Fandom in Cincy has reached a breaking point with this ownership, where attendance has gotten so low. Fans want Burrow. Brown want to get fans butts back in the seats. There is no faster way to accomplish this than by drafting arguably the best college QB in history. I think Brown may even dig into free agency this year to try and repair the damage he has done the past few years. With a rookie QB contract he almost has to, especially if they deal Dalton. 

Yeah it is the absolute jackpot.  Joe Burrow is a historic football player already and he has not even stepped foot in the NFL yet.  No way they do not draft him.  Season ticket sales alone would skyrocket, if they have not already.  

I mean what is the guy a mobster now?  Bet he could get a cigar advertising deal for millions just on this alone.  The media attention around him is going to be flat insane.  Oddly enough he seems like he could easily take it based on how calm and confident he seems to always be.  

1 minute ago, johndeere1707 said:

No way. AJ would have a career year if healthy with Burrow under center. Imagining those perfect back shoulder throws now 🤤

I think his career years are behind him at age 31. He could sign with the Chiefs and I don't think he'd have a career year.

Edited by Jeezla

Burrow needs to build rapport with WR's who are going to be there the next 3+ years. Tag and trade Green to a team that isn't the Patriots. Packers or Saints or 49ers or Seahawks would make sense. Sign Robby Anderson in FA, draft Justin Jefferson. Now you got Boyd, Anderson, Ross, Jefferson, Tate, Morgan Jr. Burrow can work with that. If I'm the Bengals, i'm definitely targeting Justin Jefferson to pair with Burrow. And they'll possibly be bad enough to get Chase in 2021.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1