Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Bob McGinn just posted his top 50 (with scouts opinions):

Offense:

https://theathletic.com/1665631/2020/03/17/mcginn-scouts-size-up-their-top-prospects-on-offense/

Defense:

https://theathletic.com/1670269/2020/03/17/mcginn-nfl-scouts-size-up-their-top-prospects-on-defense/

I'll just post Chase Young:

Chase Young, Ohio State (6-5, 264): Young, who finished fourth in voting for the Heisman Trophy, is the only defensive player in our top 10. “Reminds me of Myles Garrett,” said one scout. “Ohio State turned him loose. Just let him go after the quarterback. He always jumped around the block. He’s not very physical. The only technique he has is with his shoulders. But he is explosive and can change direction, and he gives good effort. He’s not like the Bosas. They had such great hands. This guy doesn’t use his hands.” He finished with 30 1/2 sacks, including 16 1/2 in 2019. Young didn’t work out at the combine. “If I was going to be critical of one thing, I bet he’s not going to run because he’s not that fast,” another scout said before the combine. “He isn’t going to be Montez Sweat and run 4.4s. He’s not that fast, but he produces rushing the passer. He put together two great years. He was borderline unstoppable at times this year. There’s enough there. You’re overthinking it if you try to talk yourself out of it.”

• Like 2

Considering the Jags have massive needs at 1T and 3T and didn't address either issue in FA, I think it's pretty much a lock one of Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw is the pick at 9.

Thought it was likely before, but now I'd be surprised if it was anyone else.

NFL just announced that the draft date stays. I fully agree the draft should go on. These GMs shouldn’t be whining. Scout the old fashion way, with tape! Interviews, Private Work Outs, and Physicals are a Modern Day Luxury bonus. They should be lucky they had the combine. 

Edited by BayRaider

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

NFL just announced that the draft date stays. I fully agree the draft should go on. These GMs shouldn’t be whining. Scout the old fashion way, with tape! Interviews, Private Work Outs, and Physicals are a Modern Day Luxury bonus. They should be lucky they had the combine. 

Listened to a podcast yesterday (Tony Pauline) he mentioned it was the GMs who don't have a scouting background who were complaining about the draft staying as is. Found that to be an interesting tidbit

There is always a shocking EDGE pick in the Top 10 I feel. This year I think Cards could take K’Lavon at 8. Wouldn’t be a bad pick. He’s ranked 11th-12th universally everywhere. But he is never mocked in the Top 10. 

3 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Dread it.  Run from it.  Draft Day Keim still arrives. 

52 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

There is always a shocking EDGE pick in the Top 10 I feel. This year I think Cards could take K’Lavon at 8. Wouldn’t be a bad pick. He’s ranked 11th-12th universally everywhere. But he is never mocked in the Top 10. 

Needs to be a trenches pick on either side...

Humphries just played a full season for the first time ever.  Pugh played 12+ games for the first time in 3 years.  Shipley is a FA and Cole his replacement is unproven.  Sweezy overachieved which you can’t expect again and Justin Murray (6 teams in 6 years) is battling at RT with Marcus Gilbert (knee is duct taped together at this point).

On the flip side outside of Jones it’s the least talented front in the league.  How Phillips follows up a career year is a question mark.