goldfishwars

Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

Yeah, that's a nothing burger. Burrow will be a Bengal and turn out to be a pretty good QB for them. 

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Florio can shove it. PFT isn’t worth visiting anymore. 

He’s the worst. Even if Burrow had hesitations, he hasn’t even met with the team yet! Not much different from Zion/Pelicans chatter. Apparently didn’t want to be there, then got a chance to meet everyone and was 100% in. 

I’m sure Burrow is paying attention to what Carson’s saying, especially considering Mike Brown is still the owner, but also have to keep in mind that the Bengals he knew are very different from today’s Bengals (still don’t know for better or for worse, but it’s a fair point). Duke Tobin has climbed his way up the latter after starting out as a young personnel guy in 1999 to now being the de facto GM and he had a large say in selecting Zac Taylor as HC. 

Is it possible the Bengals take a different QB? Yes- that’s always possible. But I don’t think it will be because of what Burrow apparently wants. Non-story. 

15 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Florio can shove it. PFT isn’t worth visiting anymore. 

Never has been tbh

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Never has been tbh

Idk Chris Simms is pretty good

10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Idk Chris Simms is pretty good

no

he's not.

Sounds like both teams will keep their coordinators at home installing the new offense/defense. Position coaches for the Rams will head over for interviews and they'll set up private workouts.

Okudah, Simmons, best RT, Lamb or Jeudy, D. Brown

is who I want for the cards at 8 in order

maybe brown over the wrs

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Strikes me as an odd quote.  It is a draft, and the team makes the selection.  Yes, the player can make it clear he doesn’t wish to be chosen — but be careful what you wish for.  These decisions tend to follow a player if the team chooses to let it get out.

8 hours ago, TDTimes said:

Strikes me as an odd quote.  It is a draft, and the team makes the selection.  Yes, the player can make it clear he doesn’t wish to be chosen — but be careful what you wish for.  These decisions tend to follow a player if the team chooses to let it get out.

Yeah - interesting use of the word leverage. I don't know how or why else you would be using it in this context. 

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah - interesting use of the word leverage. I don't know how or why else you would be using it in this context. 

Strikes me as an extension of his attitude during the second half of the season. You could see how wonderfully confident Burrow had become out there, spilling over to arrogance with the little grin and how he celebrated certain plays, especially if he ran the ball successfully. 

From nowhere he's a legend in that area, and not a 5- year legend but Billy Cannon type.

I could see how a month later it's difficult to reset your parameters and realize you're supposed to be humble and courteous and accepting and all that malarkey.