Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

I wonder if concerns over COVID-19 will disrupt the Draft? Seems like most mass gatherings(Concerts, Festivals) are being forced to adjust/shift and or cancel. 

I know Marc Davis had some lofty expectations for the crowd, projecting/hoping for it to beat Nashville's record, so this will be interesting to monitor going forward. 

54 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I wonder if concerns over COVID-19 will disrupt the Draft? Seems like most mass gatherings(Concerts, Festivals) are being forced to adjust/shift and or cancel. 

I know Marc Davis had some lofty expectations for the crowd, projecting/hoping for it to beat Nashville's record, so this will be interesting to monitor going forward. 

So, a big-time country music event, South by South West, which takes place in Austin, just cancelled.  It draws in around 100k tourists a year.  It brought in about $157 million to Austin last year.  

If the concerns over coronavirus aren't quelled by the draft, I think it will disrupt the proceedings.  I'd be shocked if it beat Nashville at this rate unless the coronavirus concern is gone by early-to-mid April.  By that point, people will cancel travel plans.

On 3/9/2020 at 11:50 PM, DreamKid said:

I thought there would be a huge thread here. I'd be shocked if the draft is even semi-recognizable. The virus is being understated, not overstated. Once the numbers inevitably soar then nothing like that is going to be held per norm.

When I lived in Las Vegas as a sports bettor it was amazing how simple and effective it was to merely wager on normalcy while everyone else was projecting to the moon or the gutter. In this instance it is exactly the opposite. This is indeed an extreme, and an extreme far beyond any projection. Too many are still assigning within a normal range, comparing to the flu, etc.. That nonsense will be blown apart in coming days and weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

I thought there would be a huge thread here. I'd be shocked if the draft is even semi-recognizable. The virus is being understated, not overstated. Once the numbers inevitably soar then nothing like that is going to be held per norm.

A giant thread popped up in NFL Gen a little bit after my post in here, I believe. You should go check it out.

Edit: Sorry, looks like it's in NFL News. Here's the link-

Edited by DreamKid