Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Moving up into the top 5 and only trading a 2nd is pretty intriguing.

I don't think it'll happen, but I do know we love Okudah.

I've been saying here that the Giants would take less than usual for a trade down. This would be less than usual, but still a great trade for us.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I know it's popular in here to think we're taking a QB but I really don't see that happening, at least not in the top 10.

They like Gardner. It'd be out of left field if they did.

So you think it is for Okudah? That's super interesting. That means Jacksonville saw Detroit (presumably) jump down to 5 and saw the 4 spot as a way to take Okudah out from under them. I'm not sure about that, because moving into the top 5 screams QB, but that would be interesting.

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

Jax really shouldn't be thinking about trading up...

If you are trading up and securing an elite talent while not mortgaging much I disagree.

I'd prefer to stay put, but I would not be upset making sure we land our target. Okudah is going to be special (although I have a few reservations on speed).

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I've been saying here that the Giants would take less than usual for a trade down. This would be less than usual, but still a great trade for us.

So you think it is for Okudah? That's super interesting. That means Jacksonville saw Detroit (presumably) jump down to 5 and saw the 4 spot as a way to take Okudah out from under them. I'm not sure about that, because moving into the top 5 screams QB, but that would be interesting.

It's been well known Okudah is top of our board and a guy we covet.

Caldwell (just like Telesco) is always brought up as a guy that come draft day you have no idea what he's doing. Doesn't tell anyone close to him who he's going with.  

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I know it's popular in here to think we're taking a QB but I really don't see that happening, at least not in the top 10.

They like Gardner. It'd be out of left field if they did.

Completely agree. If the Jags trade up it has to be for Okudah...I don't think they'd do it for Brown and I'd be shocked if they do it for Simmons. QB is even further down on the list.

• Like 1

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

How many teams have traded into the top 5 to take a non QB?

Doesn't happen very often. They might really like Herbert.

A regime which may be in a make or break year is going to trade up for a player that likely doesn't play this year or at the very least sits a good portion of the year?

I'd be surprised. 

At 20 if Love or Herbert are there, although I doubt it, wouldn't "shock" me. I still think this regime is trying to gain as much talent to give Minshew a shot/have a solid setup for a QB next year.

At 9 or via trade up? Yeah...I don't think so.

14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Truthfully though, I don't buy into any of these rumors unless something concrete is verified by a guy like Schefter. Too much smoke gets put out every year.

Most people, especially this year, are just looking got Twitter views. If they heard anything, I'm guessing it's from a friend of a friend if a friend's grandma who knows a guy down at the local VFW

14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

A regime which may be in a make or break year is going to trade up for a player that likely doesn't play this year or at the very least sits a good portion of the year?

I'd be surprised. 

I didn't watch them as closely as I'm sure you did last year but I feel Minshew deserves another year to develop. Do you agree with that?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I didn't watch them as closely as I'm sure you did last year but I feel Minshew deserves another year to develop. Do you agree with that?

Most of us do, yeah. He had little to work with and was in the middle of straight dysfunction and arguably outplayed all the other rookies.

When you add in we have two firsts next year as well...

• Like 1