Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

17 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I believe we are arguing semantics here.  Many (I would actually say most) 1st round QBs don't get thrust immediately into the starting lineup unless there is absolutely no NFL capable starters ahead of them.  In some cases, they still end up sitting for awhile until the fanbase bellows loud enough for them to start.  I would expect that scenario 100% if the Fins take Tua. 

If you're drafting a quarterback in the first round, there's a 99% chance you don't have an NFL capable starter on the roster. That's the whole point of drafting a QB in the first round.

Frankly, I don't know what you're trying to say other than maybe that a team might be stupid enough to sit Tua on the bench for the first three games until they realize how terrible their QB situation is, then throw him to the wolves late instead of just giving him the first-team reps from the get-go. Given two of those teams are Miami and Jacksonville, you're probably right on that.

Edited by Blue

Just now, candyman93 said:

They will love Chase.

Agreed i can't blame them the kid has all the talent int he world to be the next big thing and if he is a hof caliber player that you think he can be then 3 or 4  guys you don't feel are half as talented as him just aren't worth it.  If he hits he can be a game changing player at a very important position.