Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

5 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Seriously every draft selection started with some info about one of there family members instead of the draftee themselves.  Tee Higgins was just selected so here’s some highlights of his big ole sis jacking up 3s

The only family members I care about when watching these are the fathers who are more jacked than their kids.  Always gotta have guys in mind for reserve.  

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah seriously, wtf is that all about? Desperate, desperate stuff ESPN. 

Anyone else surprised Joe Bachie hasn't been drafted? Thought he'd be a r5/6 kind of guy

I'm far more surprised about David Woodward not being drafted. Bachie is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. More relevant 15-20 years ago.

I have a question for you all. Teams that have back to back picks in a draft that they  started the draft with via some trade (not obtained to get it during he draft like in 2019 Denver selected Risner then traded up for the next pick and took Lock) . Now I know this might sound stupid but...Do you think teams knowing they are going to get two guys in a row take them in order of their board? Or is there any other kind of significance or reasoning? For instance I was reading how the Raiders capped off the Khalil Mack trade with Bryan Edwards. They picked Lynn Bowden the pick before that. Honestly I think it looks better having received Edwards as part of that deal than Bowden who they are transitioning to Runningback. Or am I just being silly? 

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I have a question for you all. Teams that have back to back picks in a draft that they  started the draft with via some trade (not obtained to get it during he draft like in 2019 Denver selected Risner then traded up for the next pick and took Lock) . Now I know this might sound stupid but...Do you think teams knowing they are going to get two guys in a row take them in order of their board? Or is there any other kind of significance or reasoning? For instance I was reading how the Raiders capped off the Khalil Mack trade with Bryan Edwards. They picked Lynn Bowden the pick before that. Honestly I think it looks better having received Edwards as part of that deal than Bowden who they are transitioning to Runningback. Or am I just being silly? 

Every detail matters.

Edited by DoleINGout
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Do you think teams knowing they are going to get two guys in a row take them in order of their board? Or is there any other kind of significance or reasoning?

None that I know of for sure, but I'm thinking it could be an accounting thing possibly.  For example, don't they set up contracts sometimes based partially on the player's draft position and the position they play?  Like, if it's a running back versus a quarterback, maybe they could save money by having the quarterback picked one slot lower?  Other than that, I have no idea why they pick in any certain order.  It might just be something as simple as which one they finished talking to on the phone before sending in the pick.  Hard to say.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Counselor said:

They might pick it in order of their board - someone has to go first, right? But I’d find it hard to believe they care enough with that whole Mack bit. They might, but I wouldn’t think so, especially with them being back to back like that.

Just my two cents.

15 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm far more surprised about David Woodward not being drafted. Bachie is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. More relevant 15-20 years ago.

Yep, that's another one. Were you surprised Fromm dropped as far as he did, considering you once had him just outside top 10 overall not so long ago? Or was the final season that bad enough.

Edited by Hunter2_1